ABOUT CADBURY (Now Changed to) MONDELEZ INDIA FOOD PRIVATE LIMITED
Mondelez India Foods Private Limited part of the Mondelez International group of companies is in the business of creating delicious moments of joy by producing delectable chocolate confectioneries, gum and candy products, and popular beverages and foods that include many of India’s most trusted and popular food brands.
They are Ranked 3rd by Fortune India amongst India’s Most Admired Companies in 2013. Mondelez India Foods Private Limited part of Mondelez International is a global snacking and food company and a offshoot from Kraft Foods Inc. Mondelez International is the world’s largest chocolate, biscuit and candy maker, and the second-largest maker of gum.
They strongly believe in delighting customers by offering the best quality products. Over the years they have won customer’s hearts, making them the market leaders in the category of chocolates in India. Their flagship brand Cadbury Dairy Milk (CDM) is considered the ‘Gold Standard’ for chocolates. The pure and delicious taste of Cadbury Dairy Milk defines the chocolate taste for the Indian consumer.
Their other much loved brands include Cadbury Bournvita, Cadbury Dairy Milk Silk, Cadbury Choclairs, Gems, 5-Star, Perk, Bournville, Celebrations, Halls, Oreo, Tang and Toblerone.
Mondelez India Foods Private Limited has been in India for over 6 decades, they started as an importer of chocolates in 1948 .
Their work ethic, values systems and quality standards make them an employer of choice in India. Their large community extends into India’s agricultural spaces. Since 1965, Mondelez India Foods Limited has pioneered and augmented the development of cocoa cultivation in India. For over two decades, they have worked upon to undertake cocoa research and to improve cocoa yields with the Kerala Agricultural University. Their cocoa team works with farmers through best practices in all aspects of cocoa cultivation that is from planting to harvesting to improve incomes. Their efforts have touched the lives of thousands of farmers.
Head-quartered in Mumbai, Mondelez India Foods Private Limited has sales offices in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai and manufacturing facilities at Thane, Pune, Gwalior, Himachal Pradesh and Sri City (upcoming site).
CADBURY CHOCOLAIRS GOLD BUSINESS OBJECTIVE
- To have an exquisite and interesting campaign on various Digital Media for Cadbury Choclairs Gold.
- To reach maximum people through Digital Media for Cadbury Choclairs Gold.
- To focus on the bigness of the new chocolate and how one needed to open their mouth wider to have it.
STRATEGY ADOPTED BY MONDELEZ FOR CADBURY CHOCOLAIRS GOLD
- For its new big Cadbury Choclairs Gold, they rolled out #SayAaa Digital campaign comprising cute visuals, customized illustrations in real-time, Dub-smash videos and more.
- Touted as the ‘Chocolate ka atom bomb’, the chocolate giants wanted Cadbury Choclairs Gold to have an interesting explosive campaign on digital. They focused on the bigness of the new chocolate and how one has to open their mouth wider to have it.
A) Developed Advertisement Film
Their advertisement featured an impatient guy at the end of a movie ticket line making mistaken remarks at a family spending more time than usual at the counter.
- Communication was extended creatively on the digital front. Their idea was to establish that the ultimate way to have a Cadbury Choclairs Gold is by ‘Saying Aaa’, leading to the birth of an integrated campaign titled #SayAaa. They executed #SayAaa campaign in phases which involved educating people about what it is and the different ways of Saying Aaa. Engagement was boosted by getting people to Say Aaa in creative and innovative ways.
B) Shared ‘Say Aaa’ Visuals on Social Media
Cadbury Choclairs Gold started with its social media properties. Enchanting visuals were shared on both Facebook and Twitter. Later it exhibited different creative ways of Saying Aaa, with the help of visual updates.
Following Visuals were sent through Twitter:
Tweet 1) Cadbury Choclairs (@ChoclairsIndia) September 24, 2015 (Tweet)
Open your mouth wider for the Nayi Badi Chocolatey Choclairs Gold! Aaa bolo Aaa… #SayAaa twitter.com/z3iUdjLk6w
Another tweet was sent with the contest:
Tweet 2) Cadbury Choclairs (@ChoclairsIndia) September 30, 2015 (Tweet)
#Share fun, quirky or outright unexpected ways to #SayAaa to enjoy the nayi Choclairs and #win exciting prizes! twitter.com/6zBruucVMR
C) Launched ‘Say Aaa’ Contest
Building about engagement, Cadbury Choclairs Gold then launched the #SayAaa contest in which it invited fans on Facebook and Twitter to Say Aaa in their distinctive, freakish ways. Participation was boosted by giving the prize winners a Micromax Big TV. 50 more winners were also gifted with merchandise and chocolates. Real quirky entries poured in with interesting gifts, many interesting tweets with funny GIF images were received:
— Divya (@divyaszaika) September 30, 2015
— Sood, Abhinav (@soodabhinav08) September 30, 2015
D) Real-time Illustrations
While the contest was on, the brand plunged into a real-time engagement strategy too. They replied to people with illustrations created within 1 hour of the user making his/her #SayAaa tweet. Savour a few here:
Tweet 1) Cadbury Choclairs (@ChoclairsIndia) September 30, 2015 (Tweet)
@anksibyl But a Choclairs Gold afterwards shall get you to #SayAaa the right way! twitter.com/eHx4Wpj2xx
Tweet 2) Cadbury Choclairs (@ChoclairsIndia) September 30, 2015 (Tweet)
@vishpeele Swallow Choclairs Gold in one pop and you will #SayAaa loudly! twitter.com/l7JrY4wZw8
Tweet 3) Choclairs (@ChoclairsIndia) September 30, 2015 (Tweet)
@parinshah79 Don’t forget to share the nayi Choclairs Gold with them too! twitter.com/bZqyBqNQZ1 Cadbury
Tweet 4) Cadbury Choclairs (@ChoclairsIndia) September 30, 2015 (Tweet)
To #SayAaa has never been so eaaaasy! Thanks @HalfPeg twitter.com/R0vY2v1uVY
E) Facebook Carousel Advertisements
- Meanwhile, the Cadbury Choclairs Gold made use of creative Carousel advertisements on Facebook. Their advertisement stimulated people to scroll more to know more about the campaign and stress on Say Aaa. The carousel advertisement was divided accordingly, one during the start to explain what Say Aaa is, post that different ways of Saying Aaa and then establishing Say Aaa. Total three Carousel advertisements were created on Facebook.
F) Dub-smashing to ‘Say Aaa’
- With Dub-smash being the new trend, Cadbury Choclairs Gold ran a Dub-smash contest in phase 2 of the campaign. They created their own brand channel on Dub-smash and had a couple of sounds already installed in them. Users were asked to send Dub-smash videos in different ways of saying Aaa by either using the existing sounds or a soundtrack that helped them execute the same. The winner could walk away with an iPhone 6!
— Cadbury Choclairs (@ChoclairsIndia) November 2, 2015
G) Interactive Web Banners
- ‘Say Aaa’ also created an interactive web banner on MSN. Once a user clicked on the web banner on the left hand corner of his/her screen, they were introduced to a bigger screen where by just hovering mouse on a volume button the character on the screen screamed Aaa each time users scrolled through it. The volume of Aaa also grew louder as the user scrolled higher and higher. As the volume grew louder, the chocolate entered the character’s mouth. His face explodes with a chocolatey blast and the same chocolatey blast completely takes over the user’s screen.
- The GDN banner was gamified. It had a dual screen connect where the user can either play with his phone or via his keyboard. The task was to make the leading character eat the Cadbury Choclairs Gold while he kept dodging it. The concept was simple, addictive and in synchronization with the quirky campaign tonality.
- SayAaa campaign was much appreciated and trended in India on number 1 position. The hash-tag also trended in 11 cities including Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Bangalore, Kolkata. The campaign received 4859 tweets and 150 Dub-smash videos, while the brand created 60 real-time illustrations for users.
- Throughout the duration of the campaign, they triggered a total post interaction of 4,73,668 on Facebook with over 4,70,278 Likes, 2166 Comments and 1124 Shares. The 3 Carousel advertisements on Facebook have received more than 8 thousand, 12 thousand and 24 thousand Likes, with a respected number of comments and shares each.
- Play around purely with creative content and bring about exciting ways of fan engagement on social media.
- Add special brand affinity which will go beyond just a one-time campaign. Eg: Creating customized illustrations in real-time.
- Leverage user-generated content for a brand. Eg: Dub-smash user videos.
- Build brand’s strong intent to engage consumers around the theme, like they did for ‘#SayAaa’.
- Use the maximum used social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc. to its best.
Photo Credits: http://lighthouseinsights.in/cadbury-choclairs-gold-sayaaa.html/