firstCry.com’s online store was launched in December of 2010, with a belief that there should be a single, convenient and comprehensive platform for parents that can help them make well researched and informed choices for products they need for their kid. FirstCry has grown to a young and dynamic organization of a thousand employees serving more than a Million parents in the country, giving them a choice of more than 100000 products across 1000+ top International and Indian brands like Mattel, Ben10, Pigeon, Funskool, Hotwheels, Nuby, Farlin, Medela, Pampers, Disney, Barbie, Gerber, Fisher Price.
FirstCry aims to provide best of the products/brands at the best prices with a great online shopping experience, fast and reliable delivery service and a prompt customer care. firstCry’s warehouses work round the clock across major cities, and in tandem with firstCry own logistics arm, XpressBees, ensure prompt order processing, delivery and delight to its customers.
The foremost objective of the company has always been the best and safest products for the children of the world by being techno driven and innovation centric and to create the ultimate parenting eco-system in India,
To start-up came from the issues CEO Supam Maheshwari faced as a first time parent. From travelling far to pick up quality products for his baby to bringing back baby products while returning from every foreign trip. The baby business was good since there was a dearth of quality products, brands and varieties in India. It was a $10 billion market and there were no offline chains. – the lack of products and the abundance of opportunity egged him to start-up firstcry.
Direct- to-parents strategy:
Started with Brainvisa E-learning company (Sister company of First cry)which focused on helping businesses around the globe to increase the learning & training effectiveness, by designing tailored learning solutions which again focused on set & defined business objectives.
Digital Marketing Strategy:
Designed and implemented the technology-driven intricate material and order management workflows for the smooth operations of the Omni-Channel Retailer. Focused more on Digital Branding, Online Advertising, Content Management, Communities, Social Media Frameworks, Mobile, Email Marketing, Videos, YouTube Marketing, Web Experiences and Customer Experiences.
Direct Marketing & Advertising Strategy:
On the marketing and advertising front, Firstcry did normal TV and print ads in the beginning of their journey, they realized it was a low return, high cost model. Then they adopted advertisement through word-of-mouth and online advertising media.
To give a flavour of online shopping to it inshop customers, firstcry has started installing 32” touch screens in its retail stores, so that customers coming into their shops can also see what their online store has to offer.
Social Media Optimization (SMO)
Developed RSS feeds, social news and bookmarking sites, as well as social media sites, video and blogging sites.
Social media optimization helps connect all of your social media accounts in a cohesive, consistently branded network that points your potential customers where you want them to go. SMO Pros employs a strategic, multi-point process to build your successful SMO foundation, boost your SEO, and drive more potential customers to your site.
Social media marketing:
Used social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pin interest, Google+ etc.. to increase traffic to its website. Firstcry is using social media platforms as its face of promotion.
- Built a high performing team delivering on Product, SEO and Web Analytics
Conceptualized & launchedFirstCry.com version 2.0 with an adaptive user interface
- Capturing ‘digital moms’ beyond transactions – launched WorldofMoms.com, a content, community & classifieds platform
- On Page Optimization, Off-Page Optimization by maximizing the visibility of client sites in the digital space, through the management ofSEO, through Keyword research, Competitor Analysis, Meta Tag Creation, Developing the Website.
- Creating successful store-front landing pages. Cart, Loyalty Cash Programs, Online Sales Return Cash Refund, Customer Profile, Reviews and Ratings, Baby Gear Assembly
Promotion management modules:
Online Reputation Management: Kiosk innovation’ at Firstcry stores, is a unique concept which acts like a catalog allowing customers to look through the 70,000 and above products on a 32 inch touch screen in stores, order online on spot, and find the product available at the store in 2-3 days. The Kiosks have enabled to increase conversions by 10%
FirstCry’s Shop’n’Earn Loyalty Cash Program and Buying Guides for FirstCry.com
- Mobile marketing :
Capitalized on Mobile growth by launching mobile products – FirstCry.com Mobile Web, Android & iOS Apps Get everything your baby needs with new and intuitive FirstCry.com Android App! Plus the ‘big store for little ones’, always handy on his mobile.” –
- SEO stats and worth analysis:
Implementation Tracking: SEO friendly site which aids to Image optimization and tells Google and other search engines what this entire page is about. Helps increase site visibility PPC, Getting Leads,Social Media Marketing, PPC etc and search how people have their e-commerce site set up, you want to replace this with unique content.
Firstcry.com is 4 years, 11 months & 14 days old. It has global traffic rank #4,781. Its domain having .com extension. Its Pagerank is 4/10. It is Not listed on Dmoz. No active threats were reported so it is SAFER to browse. Firstcry.com has estimated worth of $ 988,678 and have a daily income of around $ 447.
Data Collection instrument – Concept feedback: Feedback from customers on the look and feel of the site To improve the performance and & online sell of products.
Offering multiple payment options and discounts on the product to regulate traffic in the sites.
Having customised tools and Google analytics to serve the customer better. The same pricing code applies to products online and offline as well,
Payment gateway solutions: One click checkout mechanism and more payment options like international payment cards and cheques and citrus express checkout
Firstcry has set up a team and built special technology platforms for analytics, which helps brands track post-trial sales online. Define reporting templates and reporting automation and to analyse user behaviour on the website using (e.g. Google Analytics/Other Analytics Sources), Excel or Sequel to pull out relevant data to track key product metrics.
Firstcry is embracing the offline world to boost sales. it gifted newborns in over 6,000 hospitals across 18 cities with hampers containing diapers and other such goods sold on the site.
- Direct- to-parents strategy helps Firstcry.com reach 60,000 parents every month
- Consistently growing at more than 100% growth rate, the largest e-commerce player with an Omni channel business model with a focus on mobile, physical store and web.
- Improved conversion across SEM, Facebook, Remarketing, Display by 15% to 40% with high growth in visits
- com receives 10,000 daily visitors and has over 15400 fans on Facebook. It has initiated various contests for parents on Facebook. The firm, which delivers to 25,000 cities and towns in India, expects to do 1000 transactions per day in next three months.
- Firstcry built its portfolio from 100 SKUs in 2010 to 90,000 SKUs from 900 brands today.
- “Firstcry.com has an inventory of more than 90,000 items on its online platform. There is an inventory of around 15,000 to 20,000 products in our offline stores.”
- Raised a total funding of about $65 million from various investors including New Enterprise Associates, Valiant Capital Partners, IDG Ventures India, SAIF Partners, Vertex Venture Holdings, Vertex Venture Holdings and Temasek Holdings. These rounds include $10 million (2015), $26 million (2015), $15 million (2014) and $14 million (2012).
- Facebook is the most engaging platform for the brand and it witness over 517000 fans over the platform. Its Twitter page has around 2100 followers.
- Brand Marketing accompanied with performance marketing which is largely driven by leveraging on online marketing.
- Generate more sales from a mix of e-commerce and physical stores, which are run by franchisees.
- Experiential marketing is very important.”
- IT does not give that touch and feel experience, which customers in baby segment would specially want to build credibility.
Truly said : “Innovation needs to be part of your culture. Consumers are transforming faster than we are, and if we dont catch up, we’re in trouble.” ….Ian Schafer
- *LinkedIn leadership profiles.