Technology has gone much further than expected. Looking at the various jobs that technology has created, it has been useful for employment purposes too. With a digital marketing career, you can explore and understand the world of business.
People are addicted to their devices like smartphones, tablets, and laptops. It is difficult to get someone to look at you while they are on their phones, isn’t it? But digital marketing career scope is wide because this attachment to technology is used as an advantage.
As per a combined study of CII & KPMG, 20+ Lakh jobs are expected to be created in the Digital Marketing space by the year 2020.
To get into the field, you need to specialize in a digital marketing course. The course gives an insight into what digital marketing is about and how you can increase product sales.
A career in digital marketing is the best option to choose as it will give you a great chance to explore the available technology.
So what is digital marketing all about?
How does it differ from the traditional methods of marketing?
Is the digital marketing career profitable?
Let us understand this without any delaying any further-
Why Choose Digital Marketing Career?
The number of sales is directly influenced by how well the product marketing is done. Promotions and advertising have to be done properly. The way you plan, process, and execute the marketing strategies matters the most.
Traditional marketing strategies included advertisements in newspapers, banners, and posters at popular places. But digital marketing is not the same. The digital marketing opportunity offers you a very useful and simpler way of advertising. What varies between the two is the method of communication with the target audience.
In digital marketing, you use social media, websites, and any online activity to advertise your product. To make your product visible in the market, you need to turn websites and digital platforms into advertisement billboards.
Marketing of a business is essential because of the increasing competition and rival companies. So the digital marketing career scope is full of opportunities. Promoting products by using online means is what defines a career in digital marketing.
Digital Marketing Career Scope
Digital marketing does not require a particular skill set as such.
All you need to do is complete the digital marketing course and start exploring job opportunities. With businesses relying on internet marketing, digital marketing opportunities are very easily available.
After completing the course, you need to understand the specialities that come under the field. A career in digital marketing has a variety of options and courses available online and offline.
There are various specialities and enhance the digital marketing scope. Search Engine optimization and marketing, analytics of business, and social media are aspects that will increase the market value of the product.
According to some recent market analysis, around 28.5k Digital Marketing jobs on Naukri.com are updated daily.
Nowadays, the average salary of a digital marketing professional ranges between Rs 15,000 and Rs 4,00,000 which is much higher in comparison to other industries.
Let us now have a look at some of the key reasons to opt for Digital Marketing Careers-
9 Reasons to choose Digital Marketing Career
Digital marketing, as a career, is very productive and efficient. The conventional methods used in the field is an advantage to the business and the digital marketer.
So here are 9 reasons why you should choose a career in digital marketing:
1) Increasing demand and job opportunities
- The businesses keep on advancing, and so does the demand for digital marketing. The number of digital marketers is less as compared to available jobs.
- Thus the digital marketing scope has a lot to offer in the business and technology sector. With the specializations required for jobs, it has reduced unemployment.
- With the market competition on the rise, there are various options for specializing in digital marketing. It is because every part of the marketing is divided into various sectors.
2) Variety of specializations
- The specializations in a digital marketing career were created because the work of digital marketing is cumbersome. One person cannot do all the tasks involved. Hence the specializations make a person stronger in a particular section of digital marketing.
- There are many career options available in digital marketing, including SEO (Search Engine Optimization), SEM (Search Engine Marketing), Email marketing, social media management, web designing, video production, e-commerce, copywriting, managing content, business analytics, etc.
3) Put your creativity to better use
- Sometimes we are unaware of many abilities that we possess. A creative mind can create wonders out of a simple piece of information. Similarly, the digital marketing opportunity is a way by which you can explore that side of yours.
- Web designing or social media marketing gives creative minds a platform to showcase their talents via digital marketing opportunities.
4) Product marketing is an important aspect
- Since new companies are coming up regularly in the market, the competitors have increased. Every company wants their product sales to touch the skies. So what better option than a digital marketing opportunity in this busy market.
- People of all ages use social media, and hence advertising via digital marketing is beneficial.
5) Work diversity in a digital marketing career
- The products or projects that you receive need not be the same every time. Every single time you need to think of new ways to advertise the product. The digital marketing career scope has variety in the specializations and the work they have to do.
- Also, you need not work at the same place as you choose to be a freelancer. So being a digital marketer, you can work in different niches.
6) Any person can get into a digital marketing career
- A common misconception about digital marketing is that you should be from a technical or marketing background to get into the profession.
- The truth is that you need not be a tech expert or business graduate to make a career in digital marketing. All you have to do is a course in digital marketing to get an idea about a digital marketing career.
- To get a digital marketing opportunity, you should just be creative enough to make the product shine in the internet hustle.
7) The digital marketing opportunity is accompanied by good pay
- The average pay of a digital marketer is pretty good and efficient. With economic benefits, you get to learn a lot more.
- Since the market value for a digital marketing career is quite high, the pay will be flexible. The more experienced you are, the more you are capable of salary negotiation.
- Even a trainee in digital marketing can get a good salary. The professionals in the field earn more than one lakh per annum.
8) The time-consuming factor is eradicated
- The digital marketing course does not require much time. It can be completed by taking your own time. They are available online, and companies prefer certified courses.
- So all you have to do is take the digital marketing course classes by sitting at home. If you are learning about digital marketing technology, it may take time to understand the marketing algorithms.
- So you can start your career from scratch and work from home.
9) Offers Certification and add weightage to your resume
- Digital Marketing Career growth is based upon different certifications that you can get by completing some specific Digital Marketing Certification Course or Digital Marketing Exams. Even Google Certifications are available to you in AdWords, Digital Display, Analytics, etc.
- Being a certified Digital Marketing Professional ensures better career opportunities. Mentioning that in your CV will also add more weight. Passing such certification exams is also quite easy.
- When you have some specific Digital Marketing Skills, it will also help you in having an upper hand in some other job profiles. So, when you will apply for some other jobs instead of Digital Marketing Jobs, your hiring chances will be higher if you have specialization and expertise in Digital Marketing.
Final Thoughts about Digital Marketing Career!
A digital marketing career is an excellent opportunity for those who are seeking a job and career growth.
The career aspirants need not be from the marketing field to qualify for the digital marketing course. The jobs available in the market in the field of digital marketing are a lot, but the people willing to work in the field are lesser. Because of this demand and supply gap, the scope for Digital Marketing Jobs is immense.
The digital marketing scope is expanded, and it can be done even as a part-time job or freelance job. Handling social media accounts, advertising for business expansion, and analyzing the web traffic for SEO, writing SEO driven content, etc are some of such jobs.
Enrol yourself in Digital Marketing Course to learn and master key Digital Marketing practices to move ahead on the path of your Digital Marketing Career.