Facebook has introduced 2 personalized online training programs Digital Training and Facebook Startup Training Hubs for small businesses and masses at large in India. The online learning will be rendered in association with and with the cooperation of local entities in the country.
Social media giant Facebook has joined hands with pioneers in Digital Marketing fraternity- Digital Vidya to train half a million Indians by 2020. The partnership is primarily aimed to:
- develop the learning curriculum personalized based on an individual’s need (accessible in both English & Hindi on mobile)
- advise entrepreneurs how to get started and help existing businesses and non-profits get the most out of the internet
Besides, few other local organizations including EDII, DharmaLife and StartupIndia have also partnered with Facebook to train individuals and businesses such that they acquire digital skills.
Going by the statistics, it is surely the need of the hour to gain insights on how to leverage Facebook Marketing for your business growth:
- India overtook the USA to become Facebook’s #1 country in July 2017.
- Nearly 81% of small and medium businesses on Facebook in India say they’ve been able to hire more employees due to growth in demand since joining Facebook.
- 81% of small and medium businesses on Facebook in India say they have increased sales because of the platform
- 86% of small and medium businesses on Facebook in India say Facebook has helped them sell their products or services in other cities, states or countries
- 89% of small and medium businesses surveyed in India report that having a lack of familiarity with digital tools available is challenge.
This huge opportunity has paved way for Facebook to take this initiative of digitally enabling techpreneurs and entrepreneurs together with these local organizations. Find below details of the Facebook Training program:
Facebook Digital Training Hub is an online training hub that provides free social and content marketing training (not just Facebook) for anyone – from students to business owners – who are aiming to develop their digital marketing knowledge and skills. The curriculum includes social media basics, how to build and create an audience, how to create content, how to measure online activity, and stay ahead of the curve. Helping arm people with vital skills such as personal branding, digital storytelling, consumer behaviour, reputation management.
On this association, here is what Facebook’s COO, Sheryl Sandberg had to say in her Facebook post:
Talking about this initiative, Kapil Nakra, Co-founder, Digital Vidya, said, ‘Digital Vidya supports professionals, students, and entrepreneurs in acquiring Digital Marketing skills. Acquiring Digital Marketing skills not only create employment opportunities but it also helps professionals to improve their performance in their existing job profiles including Sales, Marketing, HR, and Product Development. We believe Digital Marketing skills can contribute significantly to the rapid growth and transformation of India’s economy. By working with Facebook, we are committed to developing programs that will support everyone who wants to leverage digital marketing for their professional growth. These programs will help everyone grow and thrive in today’s digital world.”
Get yourself enrolled in the Certified Facebook Marketing Course offered in exclusive association with Facebook now!