Flipkart is World’s top 10 most visited E-commerce website in India with regards to traffic. Multiple Payment method is available for it’s customers to make Payment easier. Fastest growing e-commerce website in India. It sells 30 product per min.
The Story Behind ” FLIPKART.COM”
There was the huge risk taken by both the Bansal’s ” Sachin Bansal & Binny Bansal “. (Started with selling of books ). They both got a high profile job in the worlds biggest e-commerce website named Amazon. Leaving Amazon to start their own company with just Rs 4 Lakhs involved a huge risk as there was no guarantee that their idea would Succeed or not. It was a result of risk taking only that today Flipkart generates 1.5 cr a day.
The customer is informed at every step through email/text When the order has been confirmed order summary & shipment detail tracker information are provided.
Straightforward Return and Exchange policies
Flipkart allows its users to return the product if unsatisfied within 30 days period with the full refund of money or exchange for another product.
Flipkart Wallet Add Money
Enjoy a Hassle-Free Shopping experience. The Wallet is a Prepaid Instrument that enables you to shop on Flipkart multiple times by making one- time payment of a certain value. This will be added your wallet as prepaid balance. When you Select the Wallet as the mode of Payment for your the corresponding amount will be deducted from your wallet balance.
Flipkart’s Busines Objectives:
To increase Traffic and boost sales and revenue through integration of Mobile Apps, Display, Pay Per Click and Search Engine Optimization.
Strategy Adopted by Flipkart:
PPC Search ad – Category based text ads.
Display – Products offers based ad images.
Gmail – Content / Topic based Text ads.
Keyword Targeted – FLIPKART.
Paid ad rank – 6 or 7.
Overall Paid Search Performance – Good.
Remarketing activates if customer visit site and Clicks any display / Search ad.
Successful Brand Campaigns
” Fair Tale “
” No Kidding, No Worries “
” Shopping ka Naya Address “
“Shop Anytime, Anywhere “
” Big Billion Day “, ” Singles Day “.
TV Commercial Strategy
- The objective is to build the brand as a verb for Shopping.
- Target Biggest event of the year i.e IPL T20 2014
- Total 29 ads released Since 2011
- Portraying Kids as Adults in ads gives higher brand recall.
- Ads Targeted as Pan India Shoppers of all generation.
- Ads aimed to Popularise the brand as a verb.
- Testimonial based Creative Campaigns to demystify the fear of Online Shopping experience.
- Mobile App downloads TV ad to increase m-commerce Value.
- Launching Campaigns i.e ” The Big Billion Day “
- Category Focused FB page i.e books, gaming, fashion etc, which is for building engagement with fans.
- Deals and Offers based FB Page which is for customer acquisition.
- Likes- 3.3 million
- Seasons to Festivals or Birthday based Cover Photos.
- Updates on new Products and Customer queries.
- Response on customer Complaint is average and Inconsistent.
- Running Contests / Gamification.
- Exclusive customer tab for support.
- Avg Response per Post 40-50
- Focus is on Customer acquisition and engagement.
- Follower -160 K
- Updates on new Product, Offers and Discounts using appealing Videos and Images.
- Tech @ Flipkart exclusive channel on tech updates.
- Running Product / Services based contest Like Flipkart Frist, AcerA1 on Flipkart.
- Avg 2-3 Products offers / launch based post per day basis.
- Flipkart Support Exclusive Channel on queries Solution.
- Flipkart Offers Special offers based channel.
- 24*7 Customer Service Channel.
- Real-time Connect.
- Response to the query is in real time.
- It does not have its own channel.
- It Executes lots of Youtube Campaigns. i.e Search Page, Display ad, Video ad etc.
- Total 29 Videos Uploaded.
- Total Video Views- 1.4 million
- Deals/ Offers based Pinterest.
- 8 Boards and 290 Followers.
Google + Strategy
- Followers- 500 k
- 1-2 Post on Per day basis.
- Less focus on deals / offers.
- More focus on Company Updates, Product Launch Updates besides, Festive /season/customer mood based posts.
- Focus is on more on engagement and brand building rather customer acquisition.
- Interaction / Engagement with the follower is the area of improvement.
Content Marketing Strategy
- It has its own Official Blog.
- Blog page gives updates about company, industry, tech etc.
- It has its own unique tech-focused blog too.
- PR release page also exists.
- PR release about company info, events, exclusive product service updates.
Mobile Marketing Strategy
- Mobile Optimized website is available.
- Mobile app on all Platforms( iOS, Android, Windows)
- 5 Million downloads, 4.3 rating, responding to each negative review.
- 25% sales via mobile.
- Campaigns aiming towards Product Launch, Acquisition, Engagement and retention.
- Mobile remarketing does not seem to be Part of Strategy.
- Mobile Weekend offers to target repeat Purchase.
Affiliate Marketing Strategy
- Earn up to 15 % for each Purchase on the website.
- Payment via Gift Voucher and EFT Options.
- Referral Payout for each month/Category is Communicated.
- Payment made 45 days after the month of Sale.
- After lower Commission Compared to Competition.
- Various reports are released to help Affiliates.
Brand Association and Acquisition
- Flipkart + OLX joint Marketing Campaign.
- Flipkart + Acquired Myntra- Online Fashion Portal.
- Tie Ups for Exclusive Electronic Launches i.e Xiomi, MSI gaming Laptops, Samsung Galaxy s5 mini, MOTO G etc.
- Recently, Company has tied up with spice for exclusive Launch of their Android One-based low-cost Phone.
Results Achieved by Flipkart:
- Google Page Rank – 6/10
- Alexa Website World Rank -#109
- Daily Page Views- 10.1 million
- Load Speed – 3 sec
- Backlinks – 12214
- User Interface – Very Good
- Alexa Site Navigation Rating – 4.5/5
- Keywords – Flipkart, Online Shopping, Buy Books Online, Online Book Store, Online Shopping India, Online Shopping Website, Online Shopping Store.
- Proper Use of Google AdWord, Facebook Ads, Facebook page, Google Plus, YouTtube campaigns, TV commercials, Twitter & Pinterest.
Reference : – SlideShare, Google