Flipkart is an e-commerce marketplace founded in 2007 by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal. It is registered in Singapore and it operates in India, where it is headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka. With over 30 million products and 70+ categories, Flipkart has launched its own product range of tablets, USBs and laptop bags under the brand name of “DigiFlip”.
Flipkart’s Business Objectives
- Easy accessibility of all products for the users both physical & virtual.
- Promote online shopping & create a unique market place for both seller & buyer.
- To make products affordable & easy available for the users.
- To create a diversified product category & range.
Approach/ Strategy Adopted by Flipkart
- Service Information
- Brand Positioning
- Customer Engagement
- Addressing Service Queries & Issues
Social Media Presence:
- Announcement of new products, discounts, sale etc.
- One to one conversation with the customers
- Exclusive channel called Flipkart support with prompt response
- Tweet about their technology through Tech at Flipkart engaging follower about the latest in technology and services.
- Product updates
- Q&A updates
- Exclusive customer tab for support
- Cover photo of FB page reflects any events, celebrations, festivals, etc.
- Regular interactions with the followers.
- Product updates, offers, deals, sale etc.
- Official blog gives regular updates about the company.
- Information about industry events, changes in technology etc.
- Exclusive technology blog for all the tech followers.
- Accessible on almost all the mobile platforms like Android, iOS, Windows 8 & Symbian.
- Product, offer, deal & sale updates through push notifications & in-app messages.
- Genuine reviews of customers on Google Playstore, Appstores etc.
- Regular technology updates.
Paid Ads: Flipkart Affiliate Programme
Banner ads placed on sites like Facebook. Google to redirect users to the company sites for promoting brand recognition and recall.
Search Engine Optimizations
Results Achieved by Flipkart
- Ranked amongst the Top 5 websites in India as per Alexa rankings.
- 46 million users over a period of 8yrs.
- 10 million daily page visits.
- More than 5 million Facebook fans
- With over 416k followers on Twitter.
- And over 93 Lacs views on Google+
- Social Customer Engagement: Easy to connect with users directly and get reviews/feedbacks on products, technology, service etc. through multiple platforms like web, facebook page or twitter handle.
- Usability: Less cluttered, simple and easy to use with high performance and minimal defects.
- Easy Announcements: Easyway of announcing any sort of sale, deal, discount etc., which at the end attracts heavy flow of transactions.
- Service: 24×7 round the clock service through twitter accounts, e-mail and phone.
- Emotional/Social Connect: Flipkart’s Facebook page engages& connects, customer through promotions, deals, freebies, sharing continuous cool info or asking questions, running online contests etc.
Credits: Flipkart, nextbigwhat, afaqs, howsociable