About Fujifilm India
Fujifilm India, popularly known for its photo film products, could well predict the forthcoming technological innovations and the future market potentials. When digital technology and digital products, including cameras, flooded the markets, Fujifilm India too already diversified its range of products and launched the high zoom cameras (S-Series) in the market. Simultaneously the company realized the importance of emerging digital marketing channels and social media platforms. The company had taken certain bold decisions and moved forward to campaign on portals like Times of India, IBN Live, Google, Rediff and even on Twitter.
Business Objectives Of Fujifilm India
Since the ‘S-Series’ products were newly launched, the company formulated following three major objectives.
- To make High Zoom cameras well known to the segment customers and users, the company decided to create massive brand awareness.
- To make the awareness campaign sensational, the company decided to create lots of engagement space for the audience on the social media.
- To create prospective leads, the company wanted to drive the audience to their official website, blogs and YouTube channel.
Approach/Strategy Adopted By Fujifilm India
It was neither a corporate level nor a business level strategy. It had been very focused ‘product level strategy’, which the company adopted to generate revenues from S-Series High Zoom cameras. Following were the major strategic actions implemented by the company.
- The ‘Hash Tag’ (#FujiHighZoom) strategy was implemented through a 5-day long contests.
- Everyday there were two different questions for the contestants.
- Questions were formulated to serve dual purposes – building awareness about different products and their features and to run the contest.
- The ‘hint based search’ technique was incorporated so that traffic can be channelized to the different sites of the company, such as website, blogs and YouTube.
- The contest was kept open for three hours from 11 am to 1 pm during the period.
- The ‘Twitter’ space was decisively used to popularize the campaign and contest. It helped in building awareness about the products as well as generated participation in the contest.
Results Achieved by Fujifilm India
Following were the major realizations achieved by the campaign.
- The ‘Hash Tag’ campaign dominated the space for all 5 weekdays.
- The contest added more than 230 new followers.
- The campaign registered more than 3000 tweets and 500+ retweets.
A timely decision to go for ‘social media marketing’ was found to be beneficial for the company. The company has learned that an adequate understanding and knowledge about ‘what to do’, ‘how to do’ and ‘when to do’ was the key to success for the social media campaign. More specifically, the strategic win came from the selection of the contest theme and questions. Those actually turned the campaign viral and generated effective engagements of the audience and contestants.
Sources: Google images