What is guest blogging? Why do we guest blog? How to write guest blogs?
We know you probably have questions about guest blogging like the above.
In this blog, we will answer all these questions and make guest posting easier for you.
What is Guest Blogging?
Table of Contents
- What is Guest Blogging?
- Why is Guest Blogging an important SEO tool?
- Key aspects of high-quality Guest Blogs
- How to do guest Blogging- 5 Steps of Guest Blogging
- 2) Make your guest post ready
- 3) Pitch with the right email template
- 4) Write your Guest Post
- 5) Follow up
- Benefits of Guest Blogging
- Wrapping thoughts about Guest Blogging!
Guest blogging or guest posting as we call it is simply publishing an article on someone else’s website.
It is a Search engine optimization technique to promote the content which is written and published through a blog post on a third-party website or blog.
The ‘blog or website’ generally falls in the guest blogger’s niche and caters to a similar industry.
Typically, guest bloggers write articles for similar websites in order to-
- Increase credibility and awareness of their brand
- Position themselves as an expert or well-informed about that field’s nuances.
- Get more guest traffic to their website
- Build backlinks to their website
- Build relationships with peers in their industry
Why is Guest Blogging an important SEO tool?
Any SEO course today shall highlight the importance and benefits of Guest Blogging as a powerful SEO tool.
Guest Blogging is an important SEO tool to bring organic traffic to your website.
By actually providing high-quality content in the form of a Guest post on other blogging sites, you can build backlinks to your own site.
This increases the visibility of your website and adds a lot of value to your brand.
Additionally, featuring guest posts on your own website too will help you deliver fresh content to your audience.
So, featuring guest posts can be a great way to keep readers engaged.
Plus, it gives a promotional boost when your guest bloggers share their blogs with their personal networks.
Key aspects of high-quality Guest Blogs
There are a lot of key aspects of providing high-quality Guest Blogs to the host website.
The most important tip to start with is that one should not treat the exercise of Guest Blogging as a platform to advertise the blogging sites.
The end goal of this guest posting practice or guest blogging is to add some value to the brand and industry you are catering to.
Some good practices of Guest Blogging are as follows:
- Read the guest blogging guidelines before contacting the blogging site.
- Personalize your mail by using the name and contact information of the blog owner
- Write your concise bio and include why should you write for their blog
- Including high-quality links to your previous work
- Ask for a response or reply to readers through comments
- Promoting the Guest Blog on social media channels
- Follow up after Guest Blogging as to how much guest traffic did it generate.
How to do guest Blogging- 5 Steps of Guest Blogging
5 Key steps that can help you in guest blogging are-
1) Finding blogging sites that accept guest posts
You can do this in the following ways –
a. Using Google Search Strings such as
- keyword “write for us”
- keyword “submit a guest post”
- keyword “guest post”
- keyword “guest post by”
- keyword “accepting guest posts”
b. Just replace keyword with keywords from your own industry.
c. Using Google Reverse Image Search-
- Find a guest blogger in your niche,
- Grab the URL of their headshot
- And finally, pop that image URL into Google reverse image search to get the list of places they have posted
d. Use Twitter Search
By entering a basic guest post search string such as “keyword” guest post
You can look at the backlinks of your competitors using Open Site Explorer and spot any of the blog posts they have written.
f. Use AllTop.com
To find out the list of best blogs on the web, etc.
2) Make your guest post ready
- Find out the guest blogging sites that are good for your guest posts
- You can choose blogging sites that have an authoritative link profile, in your niche (or a related niche), and only post high-quality content, that can bring you targeted traffic.
- Choose blogging sites that will not bury your link just in an author bio box, plus your sites should also have a good amount of social media followers.
- Find the best-suited guest post topics.
3) Pitch with the right email template
Your email template for pitching can:
- Start with something specific about their sites
- Introduce yourself using short and sweet sentences
- Introduce your website link and social profiles
- Share 3 specific topics to choose from
- Do soft selling
- Share your experience and other published work
4) Write your Guest Post
Here you should create your best post, making it:
- SEO Optimized
- As per the guidelines of publisher sites
- Have a clear call to action
5) Follow up
You can do this by actively:
- Responding to comments
- Promoting your guest post on Social Media
- using blog comment opportunities, etc.
Digital Marketing Expert?
Benefits of Guest Blogging
There are a host of benefits to the process of Guest Blogging. If the practice is done keeping in mind these benefits, then the results are full-proof and guaranteed.
1) Establishes Authority of your Website
It helps with the process of establishing the authority of your website.
People place greater trust in your brand and products if your visibility is on blogging sites they regularly follow.
The content has to be high-end, relevant, and valuable in terms of what your blogging site is catering to.
It is a great way to tell your audience that you possess expertise in that field, and thus, your website is equally reliable.
Thus, the benefits of Guest Blogging are direct and tangible.
Any SEO course shall highlight that while working on off-page types of SEO and building backlinks, one of the most important ways to cater to the audience is Guest Blogging.
Thus, search engines use the number of links from other websites that point to yours; the higher that number, the better is your rank.
3) A way to invite organic guest traffic
Another important benefit is its ability to serve as a beautiful way to invite Organic traffic to your website.
Targeting potential websites that are relevant and fall in a similar niche as yours, can be made it possible that the readers of your blog are coming back to your website. With each high-end backlink, your website’s rank goes up on the SERPs.
4) Improve brand visibility
A key to increasing guest traffic to your website is improving the branding. Along with Social Media Marketing, another important practice that comes in handy according to SEO courses is guest blogging sites.
Thus, the more blogs, the higher their quality, and the greater the intensity of your website name popping up on different forums and thus bringing in more SEO traffic.
It is a great way to increase your brand visibility. It thus becomes important to put effort into one’s guest posts on blogging sites.
With a lot of premium-quality content, a greater impact can be created.
5) Network Expansion
Another benefit of blogging is that this SEO practice helps your website build a quality network with similar competitors in your niche.
Thus, this becomes an important way to make your website recognizable and efficient in your product niche.
Not only the readers and the audience but others in your niche are also aware of your credibility, too, with this practice of Guest Blogging.
It ends up becoming a great way to build networks and valuable partnerships in the future.
Wrapping thoughts about Guest Blogging!
The crux of this exercise is that when you write guest blogs for other websites, you need to start from the beginning.
The website you are Guest Blogging already has a lot of traffic and readers, and thus it becomes easy to streamline traffic for your website.
How effective do you consider guest blogging for optimizing organic traffic?
If you also want to learn and master guest blogging, SEO Course can help you be a pro-level guest blogger.
1. What is guest blogging?
Guest blogging or guest posting is simply writing and publishing an article on someone else’s website. The ‘blog or website’ generally falls in the guest blogger’s niche and caters to a similar industry. It is one of the best ways to increase organic traffic on your website.
2. What are the key benefits of guest blogging?
Guest posting on a particular website is a great way to enhance your website’s traffic and build a trustworthy online authority. Apart from this, it is also a wonderful way to enhance brand awareness and build relationships with your peers.
3. Does guest blogging work?
Yes, guest blogging works. It is a good content marketing tactic that helps build your blog’s reputation and improve your SEO. Other than that, it helps build relationships with other people in your industry and helps you get in front of a new audience.
4. Should I accept guest posts on my blog?
Accepting guest posts on your blog can be a great way to increase your website traffic and access new audiences without doing a ton of work.
But you need to be cautious when you start accepting guest posts. Create strict editorial guidelines and be picky while choosing. Deny any spammy requests, and check their website’s relevance, health, and organic traffic.
5. What to consider while finding guest blogging opportunities?
While looking for guest blogging opportunities, look for blogs that are relevant to your niche/industry. Other than that, consider if their audience is engaged and will be interested in your niche/ industry.
6. Do guest bloggers get paid?
In general, most guest bloggers do not get paid. They write for other sites to build relationships and get backlinks for their blogs. Alternatively, some sites may pay you to write a guest post for them.
7. Is guest blogging good for SEO?
Yes, guest blogging is good for SEO as it helps your blog obtain backlinks and referral traffic. It also has a deep impact on SEO and digital marketing by promoting your brand awareness and sales. But you need to be careful and considerate about creating high-value guest blogs for websites.