In the world of cosmetics, Lakme is one of those brands that completes every aspects that a consumer needs to satisfy themselves in terms of beauty and perfection. Lakme, is indeed one of the best beauty product brand in the whole world and the products manufactured by the brand are unmatched when it comes to the wide range of cosmetics they provide keeping in mind the effect of the product on all skin types. Such dedication and uniqueness made Lakme one of the biggest beauty product brand in the whole world.
Lakme is an Indian brand of cosmetics, owned by Hindustan Unilever and run by CEO Pushkaraj Shenai. The cosmetics company runs a bi-annual fashion event every year that takes place in Mumbai.The company wanted to make its event ‘Winter Festive 2013’more happening and spirited by making people participate in it and relive it, for which it made use of 3 key social mediums- Facebook, Twitter & Vine and experienced an unrivalled success by adding 400 new followers in just 5 days. To make more and more people participate in it, Lakme Fashion Week in real time with the help of live updates, backstage footage and compelling content and engage and promote the event Lakme took a step further by promoting it through social media, its Facebook page mainly in the beginning :
The approaches were made on different social networking sites in three phases- Facebook, Twitter and Vine. A pre-launch event was held first on Facebook. This is how it looked on Lakme’s Facebook page this update had been made.
This phase was created to create an effective word of mouth regarding the event with respect to the theme that was ‘Absolute royal’.
Facebook: In Facebook, the following things had taken place:
• A Ticket to Fashion contest was launched on Facebook asking women to share their Absolute Royal moment with an image in not less than 200 words.
• Passes to the event were given to the winners so that they could enjoy special royal treatment at the Lakme Pro Stylist Lounge at Fashion Week.
• At the end, a gorgeous Sabyasachi saree will be given to the one lucky winner.
Twitter: Launched a campaign on Twitter named ‘#LikeAQueen’ to give an opportunity to its follower on this platform as well to share their royal moment with a tweet-picture and even over here 6 followers were chosen for the Lakme Fashion Week W/F 2013. The Twitter phase was meant to launch the ‘Absolute Royal’ collection followed by a content that was curated during the event.
Facebook promoted the campaign post the launch by updating the page by posting new updates. Updating about winter collection to let the fans know more about it. A stream of content called ‘Runway Renditions’ displayed the best looks from runway that became the centre of attention among women which was produced and presented. A concise version of the entire day called ‘The Day That Was’ was also produced and present that featured the best designers, stand out collections, the show-stoppers and presentations. Content stream named as ‘Spotted @LakmeFW’ was produced and presented to display snapshots of the celebrities. It was the Paparazzi section of the page.
At the end of it, the content created by the official bloggers was shared that had included :
• #AbsoluteRoyal, #LakmeFW activities on Twitter where people talked about designers and their collections, supplemented with the hashtag #AbsoluteRoyal and #LakmeFW , and Tweet-pictures from backstage, model looks, make-up and venue were shared via this hashtag in order to make the audience participate, share, Re-Tweet and favorite their tweets.
• The use of Vine to capture all the cool moments of Fashion Week with the help of six second videos in order to have their fans on Twitter have a new experience of Fashion Week. Moreover, these videos were shared on their Twitter Timeline using the hashtags #absoluteroyal and #Lakmefw to give their glimpse to the viewers clicking on any of the hashtags for the updates.
Vine: Vine was leveraged to capture all the cool moments of Fashion Week through its six second videos to create a new experience of Fashion Week for their fans on Twitter. From backstage madness, to six second makeovers by Lakme’s make-up expert Clint and a fun showcase of the latest Lakme range – they gave their audience an exclusive access to Fashion Week action in real-time. Vine was used as a tool instead of a network, and they leveraged it to create unique content for their Twitter page. All the Vine videos are available at:
- Clint Fernandes
- Couture by Vrisa
Post Launch: After the launch, changes that were noticed in the social media sites, to begin with Facebook and followed by the rest are as follows:
Pinterest, on the other hand, shared the news of the boards that were created for each designer to display their best in the collection.
Final results, achievements and recognition:
• Lakme reached 3,438 followers during the fashion week by adding 400 new followers in just five days
• Top designers like Archana Kocchar, Nikhil Thampi, Rocky S, Vikram Phadnis, Sailexx, Little Shilpa and more retweeted on the social network and made the campaign a big hit.
Image Credits: Wikipedia, social samosa