About NIIT Limited
NIIT Limited is a leading IT education and training institution based in Gurgaon, India. NIIT, established by Rajendra S. Pawar and Vijay K. Thadani in 1981, has training and educational centers in all major cities and towns in the Indian states and union territories.
This company offers learning and education solutions all over the world to individuals, institutions and companies in business process outsourcing, banking, financial services, insurance, school educations, vocational training for services sectors, travel transportation and logistics and professional skill development.
NIIT Limited’s Business Objectives
NIIT Limited launched this social media marketing campaign with the following business objectives:
- To create awareness about their new cloud based learning.
- To project cloud based learning as a better way to learn and to reassure students about the same.
- To make students feel confident about this new way of learning and reassure them that they make the right choice
- To increase admissions to cloud based learning programs.
Approach / Strategy adopted by NIIT Limited
- This campaign was launched to create awareness about NIIT’s anytime and anywhere learning at India’s first cloud campus. NIIT created a website and a Facebook page as destinations and created awareness about the program among the students. “Cloud Pins” were used as a design element on website, banners, TV commercials and print media.
- NIIT Ltd used Facebook “Friends Like Box” integration on the website along with testimonial videos to build confidence among students about the cloud based learning program.
- NIIT Ltd created sponsored stories, NIIT Facebook channel and Facebook stamp advertisements for users to interact between themselves based on the course of their choice. As a students, use of cybercafe to access internet was seen most of the times so a customized desktop tab was created with a cybercafe aggregator, Clinck.
- Received overwhelming response from students. They became more assured and confident during the campaign and that converted 2.25% of total visits to enquiries. NIIT received 18,000 enquiries for admission.
- Received 40% more visits than the company anticipated.
- Received good response from the high banner on MSN, Rediff and Clinck at 2X, 8X & 12X of the norm.
- NIIT Limited tried innovative ideas in this social media campaign that paves the way to success in this activity. The company created publicity through different websites and channels and achieved a good click through rate.
- The case study depicts the way to make a campaign more unique and successful.
Image Source : Google images