Branding is an inevitable activity for not only business entities but also for individuals who want to flourish as a brand. To ensure the essentiality of planning the basics of social footprint, learning about best practices from social media gurus and adding social media personal branding as a habitual activity, Karthik Srinivasan, National Lead, Social, Ogilvy & Mather led an interactive session for the community.
He opines that ‘you are not your LinkedIn profile, what’s your personal brand takeaway is what you are’. Enlisted below are the key takeaways from the webinar:
Essentially, the key takeaways are a combination of:
- Static – LinkedIn (Career Profile)
- Active- Fb, Twitter latest posts
Your life book’s back cover is your Social Media profiles. Most of the companies pay a hefty amount for the same, so you can surely invest some time. He further adds that always ‘start backwards’.
- Start with objective
- What do you want people to think about you – Be realistic, be authentic, you can’t fool people
- When you narrow your boundaries of expression online as topics and sub-topics, then it is even more easier to produce a steady stream of content to augment and build your brand.
- Be useful, to others. Be the person they can look up to, for a particular topic.
- Be the person who is always curious about a topic (that you have outlined for yourself)
- Be the person who always has a point of view on the topic you identified for yourself.
- Besides saying things yourself, another great way to attract attention—from the most appropriate people—is to follow and engage with people online.
Found this webinar on personal branding using social media, valuable? You can get to know about the upcoming and trending webinars along with gaining knowledge from the past webinar recordings.