Over the years, data virtualization has emerged rapidly and a majority of companies have started relying on data storage mechanisms like the NoSQL to extract valuable data. Generally, database technologies can be classified into two main categories which are SQL and NoSQL. These two types of databases can be differentiated on the basis of their working, the type of information they store and the techniques they use to store information.
The evaluation of Big Data started with ERP. When the requirement to store more data increased, the CRM systems were highlighted. With the extensive use of interactive web and mobile phones, the need for data management has increased extensively. This has resulted in the adoption of NoSQL Technology.
To provide you with detailed insights on why you should say yes to NoSQL, we had with us Dr Rohit Kumar, Researcher at Eurecat, with 7 years of enriched experience & deep-rooted knowledge in Big Data and Data Science.
Here are some of the key points that were shared during the session:
- The velocity of data has rapidly increased & it is arriving at a great speed.
- Different forms of data have evolved like photos, videos and even unstructured data.
- NoSQL proved to be a perfect format in handling various forms of data.
- NoSQL became a popular choice when it came to handling Big Data.
- NoSQL in a nutshell: Scalable, Fast, Flexible and Easy
- Compare and Contrast: SQL & NoSQL
- Types of NoSQL Formats: Key Value, Column Store, Document Store and Graph Database.
These were some of the highlights of the session. To get in-depth details of why you should say yes to NoSQL, access the webinar recording:
Are you inspired by the opportunity of Data Science? Start your journey by attending our upcoming orientation session on Data Science for Career & Business Growth. It’s online and Free :).