Shine.com, the latest and most innovative Job portals in India, was founded in 2008. Shine.com has grown to new heights during the last five years of its operation. This job portal has now crossed 1.3crore candidate landmark with over 2 lakh jobs offered on site.
Shine.com is now integrating with Facebook hiring solutions and this is the first attempt of its kind by a job site in the world. The new set up will enable recruiters to reach out to the personal network of employees and get access to good quality candidates faster.
Shine.com adapted a new system wherein the database of candidates was delivered through its unique two-way matching technology. This new system assists candidates to get the right job they deserve and helps recruiters to hire the right candidate.
Webitude is a leading digital marketing company which conducted this social media campaign for its client Shine.com to create awareness about the TVC launch and the hashtag campaign launched on Twitter.
Shine.com’s Business Objectives:
Shine.com TVC is a new television campaign highlighting its social recruitment feature. Shine.com wanted to create awareness about TVC launch and the hashtag campaign launched on Twitter. Following were the key objectives of this contest.
- Create awareness about the TVC launch.
- Spread the word about “a friend can get you a job” via #YaarTuGodHai contest.
Strategies / Approach Adopted By Shine.com:
- Shine.com launched this contest on June 11,2013 using the hashtag, #YaarTuGodHai.
- This contest started at 11 am and ended at 10 pm. The contest lasted for 11 hours.
- To generate awareness about the contest, tweets were posted using the hashtag, #YaarTuGodHai on 10th June 2013.
- In this contest, the participants were asked to imagine various scenarios where they would say to their friends “YarTuGodHai”.
- Participants were tweeted on how their friends could get them a job through Shine.com.
Results Achieved By Shine.com:
- The contest was a huge success. It was trending on Twitter at number one position in India and 4th position worldwide.
- There was a good response from Twitter account holders. Shine.com received more than 15000 tweets during the contest period and that was a big achievement within a short period.
- 400 followers were added on Twitter in just one day and this alone shows the kind of popularity this contest received from the job aspirants.
- The contest message reached 3 million people worldwide.
Shine.com had succeeded in giving a personal touch to the participants of this contest by engaging them with their friends and connecting one to one. This contest became so successful because of the better engagement levels the company received from the participants.
The contest created waves not just in India but across the world.This case study shows that a personal touch created in the contest can reap better results in the social media activities.
Image Sources: Google Images