About TATA MOTORS
Tata Motors Limited is a subsidiary of the Tata Group. It is an Indian multi-national automotive company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. They specialized themselves in the manufacturing of various product categories like passenger cars, military vehicles, coaches, vans, buses, construction equipments and trucks. These products are primarily in the compact, midsize car and utility vehicle segments, wherein they are among the top 4 passenger vehicles brands in India. They have a well diversified 3500 touch points comprising of dealership, sales, service and spare parts in more than 195 cities across 27 states and 4 union territories of India.
“TATA MOTORS” Business Objective:
Tata Motors was to launch a new hatchback segment Tata Bolt in Feb 2015. Before to the launch their sedan – Tata Zest already made a good hold in the market. Thus, in order to leverage this brand recall Tata Motors thought of strategizing a social media campaign before the launch of Tata Bolt with a tagline “Get Set Bolt !”. Below are the following objectives –
- A large scale awareness among the customers
- Sustenance of the rapport of Tata Motors in the markets, post a outstanding response of the sedan Tata Zest
Strategy Adopted by TATA MOTORS
Facebook, was always the preferred medium by the digital marketing heads in order to promote a social media campaign with their organic and inorganic reach. Unfortunately during the launch of Tata Bolt there were few major changes happening in the Facebook’s algorithm on the visibility of promotional posts. Thus, in order to promote Tata Bolt, Tata Motors designed a altogether new social media strategy wherein Facebook was a miss.
They primarily used Twitter, BlogAdda and Youtube with integrations in order to promote the launch.
Below is the strategy that was adopted on Twitter.com:
- The campaign was pretty much designed like a reality show and in order to leverage the influencers Twiitter was strategically chosen.
- According to the idea the 4 popular influencers Abhishek Asthana (@GabbbarSingh), Apoorv Sood (@Trendulkar), Rahul Nanda (@RahulNanda86) and Ashwin Mushran (@AshwinMushran) were made to be the part of this social media marketing. Wherein the idea was primarily bank on these influencer’s fan following and reach out to the maximum.
- The reality show was designed in this way – all the 4 popular influencers were enclosed in glass cubicles. The fans had to tweet using the hashtag #GetSetBolt and individual team hashtags in order to generate maximum buzz amongst their followers. Out of the 4 influencers the one who generates the maximum buzz through their followers took away the Bolt key and top supporters won prizes !!
- The updates of the activity were regularly updated across twitter, facebook and other social media pages through posts, tweets and videos.
- In order to get participation short videos, teasers and advertisements videos were uploaded on Youtube and shared across the social media platforms.
Brief on the strategy adopted on BlogAdda:
- BlogAdda is one of the largest blogging platforms in the country. Tata Motors strategized the campaign on BlogAdda by taking ads as front page coverage, which lead the users to get all the information and instructions regarding the campaign.
- Generally, the bloggers love to blog about alternative topics by coming out of their comfort zone & area of expertise. On noticing the ongoing blogging contest it may catch the attention of the spot.
- Talking about the execution front, a “Participate Now” button on BogAdds lead the users reach on a page with the below mentioned things –
- A chance to be one of the lucky winners who will win the all new BOLT by simply following the below rules:
- Visit the Mall from the list below by registering yourself on a day in a given city.
- Visit the BOLT site and view elements of the car.
- Click a picture with the car
- Come back, Log in to your BlogAdda profile (Create one if you don’t have one)
- Elaborate 5 aspects of the BOLT that caught your eye.
Along with this, Tata motors also integrated gratifications that showcased how they are triggering the Get Set Bolt campaign.
The activity happened across 30 cities covering more than 100 locations. Wherein, every blogger gets a cash/gift voucher of Rs. 1000 and a lucky winner will win the BOLT. 20 of the best bloggers will get a chance to participate in an exclusive BOLT drive in 3 different cities.
Results achieved by “TATA MOTORS”
- The hashtag #GetSetBolt trended on Twitter and Tata Motor received an outstanding and amazing response on the day of launch.
- Tweets of approximately 1500+ were received on the day of campaign.
From Blog Adda
- Parting themselves away from the conventional medium, Tata Motors identified the appropriate medium to reach out to its customers.
- The grand giveaway of BOLT and various gratifications worked as a great instant crowd puller and created History in Blogging fraternity.
- A common approach of making use of various social media options apart from the conventional Facebook are nowadays giving desired results.
- Blogs / content featuring the positives gave an additional mileage in terms of promotions and helped the brand to leverage.
- With the help of influencers and followers Twitter helped to give the campaign maximum outreach.
- The reality show was an amazing, exciting and unique format. Tata Bolt created the right waves amongst the relevant target segment – the digitally active people looking out for a decent hatchback.
Image Credits: Tata Bolt