The answer to all questions and information from a pin to a mountain can be found on ‘Google’ – the search engine giant. From knowing about education, to news, to healthcare to buying products, Google is the go-to-place without a say! Thus, it is imperative for marketers to understand the key to score #1 rankings on Google – SEO factors.
To help marketers identify the best SEO practices, industry leader Siddharth Lal, Managing Director, Bruce Clay India shared his secrets to gain #1 rankings on Google during an interactive webinar.
Here are some key findings and statistics on SEO:
- 55% of all search queries are long-tail, i.e. four words or longer.
- 87% of all clicks are organic.
- 94% of consumers research products online before buying
These are some interesting worth-considering facts, aren’t they? Now, let’s have a look at what Siddharth shared during the webinar:
- SEO is about 3 things which hasn’t changed from past 2 decades:
- Content – keywords are important
- The architecture of your website
- Links and Mentions
- Aim at 1st position in Google search results as it can give you 17X traffic as compared to that at the 10 position.
- Sustain this constant race by leveraging marketing tacts that are leading the way to brand moments.
- Gary Illyes states that ‘A great title and Meta description is really important for your business. Every page must have a title.’ Take a note of following elements for an SEO-friendly title:
- Brand Name in the end
- Theme of the Page in the start
- The title should be click-worthy
- 4 Rules of Image Optimization
Besides, text, even images help build a substantial SEO value. So, keep a note of Image Optimization, the key elemnts of which are:
- Alt Attribute
- File Name
- Image size
- Content near the image
- If you are doing content, it should be 10X content
- Add images, create videos
- Lay emphasis on Ethical SEO
- Featured Snippet – Position Zero
- Create content in other languages
- Focus on Pagination vs Lazy Loading
Pro Tip: Do not put a canonical tag on page 2, 3 etc pointing to page 1
- Use Advanced Google command
In a nutshell, Digital Marketing without the best tool is like doing brain surgery with a hammer.
Hope this webinar helped you identify the lesser know SEO secrets to seek #1 on Google. To attend more such webinars and learn from the recordings, stay updated with the upcoming and trending webinars.