Social Media is all about sharing stories from our life on a day-to-day basis. That is why it is called social media because it enables us to stay in touch with what’s happening in our near and dear’s lives and get to know what is happening in their lives. The advancement in Artificial Intelligence has lead to new developments in the social media technology space. After Snapchat stories made a worldwide impact and greatly increased the platform’s popularity among the teenagers, Instagram too launched its own version of stories to compete with it, called “Instagram Stories“.
Like Snapchat Stories, Instagram Stories also enables you to share different moments of your day, not just the regular photos or videos you upload on your profile. These moments can be in the form of multiple photos and videos, and they appear together in a form of a slideshow to the viewer.
The good thing about this format is that it is not spammy and viewers tend to enjoy it. And also these stories tend to increase traffic back to your Instagram Account as users see story updates right at the top of their Instagram Feed, from where they can check different stories and visit those accounts for further updates. And since any unique Instagram story is up for only 24 hours, it adds to the curiosity factor, that you should not miss out on the important story updates from the accounts you follow. This is great additions to Instagram Marketing.
How To Add Story In Instagram
Anyone can add stories in Instagram, be it individuals or business accounts. As shared earlier, you can add both photos as well as videos to Instagram Stories and Here is how to add story in Instagram as defined by Instagram itself in a step-by-step method:
- Tap in the top left of your screen or swipe right from anywhere in Feed.
- Tap at the bottom of the screen to take a photo, or tap and hold to record a video. You can also:
Tap Boomerang at the bottom of the screen, then tap the circle to take a burst of photos that loops forward and backward.
Swipe left then tap Hands-Free at the bottom of the screen to take a video without having to tap and hold.
- Tap , or to draw, add text or a sticker to your photo or video. Tap Undo to remove a drawing effect or Done to save it. To remove text or a sticker, drag and drop it on at the bottom of the screen.
- You can tap Cancel to discard your photo or video, or Save to save it to your phone. When you’re done, tap Your Story to share to your story.
The above is really a straightforward process about how to put story on Instagram.
How To Download Instagram Stories
Here’s an excellent way on how to download Instagram Stories on Desktop. Log into www.instagram.com on your browser. Now install Chrome IG Story plugin on your Chrome Browser. Now you can open the plugin and see stories of the accounts you follow. One great thing about this plugin is that the accounts whose stories you see using this plugin will not get notified that you have seen their stories. This can be useful from the business perspective when you want to do competitor research, without letting them know about it.
In case this plugin does not work correctly, you can uninstall it and log out from your current Instagram session on your browser and then reinstall and log in again to your Instagram account, and it should work fine. Although this may not be needed at all.
To download Instagram stories, just click on any of the accounts and once you see their story, you can right click and save it on your computer as shown in the screenshot below. The beauty of this method is that, the account whose video or photo have you downloaded, will not get notified about it.
How To Download Instagram Stories On Android
Here are the steps to download Instagram Stories on Android:
- Download the “Story Saver for Instagram” app from Google Play.
- Now login to Instagram within the app.
- Next click on the account whose story you want to download.
- Long press on a particular story of that particular account.
- Click on that story and there will be an option to save it.
Here is a screenshot for the same:
How To Download Instagram Stories On iOS
Download “InstaStory” app from App Store. You do not even need to login to Instagram to use this app! You can watch anyone’s Instagram Stories anonymously!
How To Use Instagram Stories for Business
Here are 5 best ways to use Instagram Stories for your Business:
- Behind The Scenes: Show how your employees are working to create better products while at work or chilling and enjoying and chilling out while outside on company trips etc., in the form of video clips or photos on Instagram stories.
- Share Helpful Tips: As per the nature of your business, share helpful tips in the form of short video clips or photos and provide link-back to the detailed article on your website in case they want to read further. This is also an excellent way to generate additional traffic towards your website.
- Product Launches: When you are launching new products or services, you can create short video clips or photos to showcase the same in the form of Instagram stories. Similarly company milestones or any other major events within the company can be shared in the form of stories.
- Demonstrate Your Products: Apart from the product launches, you can also demonstrate the functioning your products using Instagram Stories. For example, Juvia’s Place is cosmetic brand who showcase and demonstrate functioning of their cosmetics using Stories. Here is one example:
- Launch Special Offers: You can always launch some exclusive discounts available only on Instagram Stories. This way, your customers will always be on a lookout to get the discounts, and this, in turn, will increase your business.
No doubt, the Instagram Stories has become an essential part of Instagram Marketing and is a great way for your business to outreach to the existing and new customers. And I am sure that the methods shared in this post will help you to understand this platform as well as to utilize it to full capacity. Apart from the tips shared by me, there is a lot of possibility for creativity in this space. You just have to keep your eyes open and observe what other brands are doing. If you have any queries, please ask in the comment box below.