About the Company
Van Heusen is India’s No. 1 premium lifestyle brand for men, women and youth. Van Heusen is part of Madura Fashion and lifestyle (division of Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd.). Having launched in India in 1990, it not only established the brand in the lifestyle category, but also had ready to wear category. Van Heusen has been ahead of the curve in understanding the evolving fashion trends and bringing it to the Indian consumers. Van Heusen being the preferred brand for workwear, have effortlessly made inroads into other segments viz. casuals, party wear, etc., setting it as a premium lifestyle brand in India.
- Engage with Young audiences through digitized media.
- Tangible engagement with target audience.
- Reinforcement of the brand among young working professionals by breaking the clutter.
Collaboration with LinkedIn for reaching out to the right TG
LinkedIn has 21 Mn users, comprising of working professionals and entrepreneurs, thereby making it the best TG for Van Heusen. LinkedIn has the responsibility to develop a campaign keeping in the mind the objectives for the brand – Brand reinforcement to Engagement, maximising the impact of the brand on a larger audience through a social marketing campaign.
Keeping in mind that being admired/appreciated for the fashion/right dressing and brand image is an important essence for young professional, LinkedIn developed a social marketing campaign – ‘Most Fashionable Professional’ microsite.
A one-month long campaign, wherein LinkedIn users would log in with their credentials and nominate upto 10 connections in their network as the Most Fashionable Professional. Post the nominations, followed up by a leaderboard of the top 10 most nominated profiles were given a makeover by Van Heusen.
In addition, users who nominated their connections, were incentivised with a gift voucher from Van Heusen that could be redeemed from their exclusive outlets. Also the microsite provided professional tips on corporate dressing by a renowned panel of fashion editors namely GQ, Marie Claire etc. LinkedIn used promotional tools to create awareness about the microsite
- Banner roadblock on their site
- CPM banner targeted at suitable professionals
- Text based ads target at senior professionals
- Discussion boards with theme – specific corporate conversations
LinkedIn, using the above channels and approach, manged to create significant value addition to Van Heusen.
- Great alignment with a large audience of working professionals, especially their core audiences in the age group of 20+ using the right social marketing campaign.
- Connect with Senior professionals – a sizeable number of professionals who participated were senior managers, making it possible for Van Heusen to target another set of audiences who had higher incomes and willing to spend more for brands.
- Brand building among the right and large audience – LinkedIn has the 2nd highest base of users in India, ensuring Van Heusen reaching to a sizeable number of accurate TG.
- 5 million LinkedIn users reached
- 29,629 unique visitors
- 5000 professionals logged in with LinkedIn accounts
- 14,962 profile nominations across India
- 10,700+ shares on LinkedIn
- 18,019 clicks recorded
Beyond this the numbers showed significant brand awareness. The campaign also create a huge media buzz, going beyond linkedIn and garnered mention in top business and digital marketing sites – Economic times, Business Line, Agency FAQS, Lighthouse Insights etc.
Campaign was picked by mashable.com as one of theTop 8 innovative LinkedIn Marketing campaigns.
- Campaign reached out to a targeted audience, which the brand represents or wants to associate with in an engaging manner.
- The digital campaign was connected to offline through the gift voucher redemption, resulting in around 20% increase in walk-ins for a month.
- Low investment for brand building and ensuring positive WOM through young professionals and media buzz.
Image Credits: Van Heusen