About Viking Tapes:
A family business which established in 1989 named Viking Tapes. It is the number one UK supplier of tapes, adhesives and abrasives, used in manufacturing industry. Certified with ISO 9001 and ISO 4001, company is the number one online partner in UK and Europe and one of the top 3 distributors in UK. With over 25 years of experience, company offers a combination of products and machinery designed to improve the manufacturing process, which is sold in more than 40 countries. Company supplies their products with greatest innovations and are the most preferred supplier in Yorkshire(UK).
Business Objectives Of Viking Tapes:
With business spread in more than 40 countries, company wanted to give their customers peace of mind, by providing expert advice, quality products and excellent service. Following were the objectives which Viking tapes had into their mind:
- Company wanted to make them self search optimized.
- Company’s appearance and functionality was out dated, so they wanted to be with the new trend.
- They want to have a functional and attractive website, which has the potential to be best in class.
Strategies/Approaches Adopted By Viking Tapes:
Pull marketing became highly instrumental and the reason for a significant growth of Viking Tapes. Below were the strategies used by them:
- Company build a state of the art website for them self, which made their website an attractive one.
- They developed wire frames for the new website using lead usability research and techniques, to ensure that visitors could quickly find and buy what they were looking for.
- User friendly items were identified from their competitors and site user research were added like a quick order pad and incorporated with Viking’s CRM and email marketing system.
- Company also overcame with the challenge they were facing, which was migrating data from the old website to the new.
Results Achieved By Viking Tapes:
With the development of new revenue channels and new search marketing initiatives, company’s key performance metrics started moving upwards. Below are the results achieved by Viking Tapes:
- Time on site and page views per visitor, get doubled.
- Company’s average basket value went up to 40%.
- Viking Tapes e-commerce sales also increased.
- Company doubled there business.
- There ROI increased by 60% in just 2 years.
Following are the learnings from this success story of Viking Tapes:
- To attract visitors and customers your website need to be attractive, because its the only tool which makes the customers stop at your website.
- To get found by the audience, you have to make your website search optimized.
- With the every day changes in marketing and customers behaviour, you must have to keep your website updated.