The credits of changing trend of communication goes to Social Media. Undoubtedly, social media has overshadowed the traditional methodologies of communication as emails, updates on social networks have replaced letters, postcards etc. Gone are the days when the latter were relied upon for sending across a message and that too involved a considerable period of time. Indeed, thanks to social media and different social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Pinterest, Instagram etc. that has readily enabled the users to spread a message in real-time and seek response as well.
Not only individuals, but big brands and industries owe a lot to these aforesaid social media channels as they allow the brands to stay connected with the current customer-base as well as are able to capture the fresh targeted set of audience too.
Thus, with a view to ‘Inform, Communicate and Empower, Digital Empowerment Foundation (DEF) that came into existence in the year December, 2002 initiated ‘SocialMedia4Empowerment’.
The prime objectives of this conference are enlisted as follows:
- To synergize efforts and dialogues on social media and how it can become an efficient tool for real work and inspire others to utilize it in bringing positive change;
- To make a vast pool of talent of Social Media evangelists to share and feed knowledge so that decision making can be improved;
- To recognize, honor and encourage best social media practices through “Social Media for Development & Change” Awards;
- To organize 4 workshops on different project locations to impart knowledge on social media tools in order to empower communities and continue the spirit of subject Live;
- To create a regional network of Social Media Experts to facilitate the use of Social Media among participating countries and create regional cooperation,collaboration and network;
- To demonstrate the best social media initiatives, practices and success stories from 8 South Asian Countries during main event;
- To provide attendees a wider forum for strategic alliances, partnerships building and structured network opportunity;
- To build a tribe of followers through social media that grows organically and can contribute in overall development of the region;
- To create effective community network that will share authentic information on social changes and developmental activities through social media;
- To provide a platform to the existing as well as upcoming social media initiatives for scaling up.
Pradeep Chopra (CEO & Co-founder, Digital Vidya) will be one of the panelists in the panel discussion on ‘Social Media for Crowd Funding; Social Commerce & Enterprises; Public Relations’ at SocialMedia4Empowerment and will share his insights on the topic along with some of his personally experienced case studies, like his experience with Ola Cabs where he as a frustrated customer of the company was converted into their brand advocate. He was a part of this conference as a panelist held in 2014 as well.
This event will; therefore, be an eye-opener for the participants and will help them in getting some experienced insights from industry leaders. So, what are you waiting for? Register now to meet Digital Vidya and to become a part of a platform, which will bring together all social media influencers all under one roof.