International Executive Program in Data Science
GET YOUR BROCHURE
Gain a competitive advantage with Data Science
Data affects every aspect of the business in today’s world. Now no longer exclusive to the technology companies, data is essential in almost every industry, from Automobiles, Healthcare, Pharma, and media to government and sports. This exponential growth in data has created an urgent need for qualified data scientists to process and analyze data effectively and efficiently. Organizations are increasingly using data science to drive innovation and strategy and to improve efficiencies across functions. The data boost also requires executives and managers who can harness the power of data science tools to gain a business advantage and speak the same language as analysts. This is what you will learn in the International Executive Program in Data Science.
Data is Everywhere and Expansive
Data is everywhere and expansive. A variety of terms related to mining, cleaning, analyzing, and interpreting data are often used interchangeably, but they can actually involve different skill sets and complexity of data.
Data scientists examine which questions need answering and where to find the related data. They have business acumen and analytical skills as well as the ability to mine, clean, and present data. Businesses use data scientists to source, manage, and analyze large amounts of unstructured data. Results are then synthesized and communicated to key stakeholders to drive strategic decision-making in the organization.
The International Executive Program in Data Science, co-developed and delivered by University of St. Thomas will empower the participants with numerous takeaways like:
- How analytics will add value to your career and your organisation
- Build the confidence required to operate in a data-driven environment
- Develop the ability to distinguish between "good analytics" from "bad analytics"
- Understand the importance of experimentation platforms to drive business growth
- Learn how to tell a persuasive story with data visualization tools
- Build a working knowledge of data science
Quizzes to test your knowledge
Who Should Attend?
Although the topics covered could be applied to a range of businesses, the International Executive Program in Data Science will be particularly useful in industries with a massive data stream, such as retail, healthcare, IT, marketing, and finance. You are not required to have a background in programming.
Explore the evolution of media and the growth of Digital Marketing.
Get comfortable with the Online mode of training and get started with Building your own Presence.
Search engine optimization and its introduction. Learn to enable search engine crawlers, keyword research to bring targeted audience, perform On-Page and Off-Page techniques, and SEO Audit.
Month 1 - Get Started with the Program
- Understand the flow of the program and officially get started with the 10-months journey of Data Science. Introduction to the learning platform, receive an overview of the program calendar and have the opportunity to introduce yourself to your peers via the discussion forums.
Month 2 - Introduction to Data Science
- Learn the disruptive business applications of data science including foundational analysis methods, Exploratory Data Analysis using R, etc. Learn ways of using statistical software not only for analyzing data but for using rather complex & cutting edge statistical concepts/techniques.
Month 3 - Starting with the Journey in Python Programming
- Get started with Python programming using Jupyter Notebook. Learn writing code, exploring python programming syntax, basic libraries, common data types & statements, and debugging.
Month 4 - Scientific computing with Python – Numerical Python (NumPy) & Introduction to SAS Enterprise Miner
- Leverage the numerical and mathematical modules in Python and its standard library as well as popular open-source numerical Python packages NumPy. Demonstrates how to numerically compute solutions and mathematically model applications in Data Science.
Month 5 - Introduction to Panda, Time Series, and Mini Project
- With the help of Pandas learn to create fast and efficient Data Frame objects with default and customized indexing. Understand analyses of time series data yields insights like trends, seasonal patterns, and forecasts into future events that can help generate profits. Learn the modification and correction of Source Data in SAS EM Predictive Analysis.
Month 6 - Learn aspects of Programming & Get into Predictive Analytics II
- Gain an understanding of predictive analytics, how profitable it can be, and how it can enable business initiatives. You will get to know the various aspects of Programming along with a hands-on Milestone project 1.
Month 7 - Introduction to Data Visualizations & get to know Power BI Trends
- Understand the power of advanced visualizations to persuade and influence audiences for effective communication across diverse sets of stakeholders; explore the physical characteristics of effective visualizations. Get access to 2nd milestone project.
Month 8 - Introduction to Tableau & Begin with Fundamentals of Machine Learning
- Learn the way of exploring & explaining data to the stakeholders using stunning Visualisations. Various types of visualizations starting from simple bar graphs to word cloud can be explored in Tableau, it is a widely used software in the industry to create Dashboards.
Month 9 - Relational Database Management System & Classification
- Learn what is RDBMS & How it works. It is the building block of anything in computer science as all the data resides here. Whether it is programming or Data science knowledge of RDBMS is a must.
Month 10 - Learn SQL Language & Get Started with Hands-On learning via Capstone Project
- Understanding of SQL Language. Get emerged into a real-time project under industry experts’ guidance. Successful completion of the project will earn an International Executive Program in Data Science certification from the University of St. Thomas
Experience real-time projects under industry experts’ guidance, from introducing you to Data Science to the introduction to Data Analytics. Upon successful completion of the project will be certified in the International Executive Program in Data Science.
Natural Language Processing
This is one of the most applied areas for AI, Data Science, and Machine Learning across domains and industries. The real world is filled with mostly messy text data, and handling text is an important step towards making smarter algorithms. Using IMDB dataset from the movie domain, the learner will apply the most common concepts of NLP.
The banking industry is working in a very competitive environment and needs to strategize to grow its business. This project is related to the marketing campaigns related to term deposits, making an interesting multi-disciplinary work that mixes both the finance and the marketing domain.
Electroencephalography (EEG) is an electrophysiological monitoring method to record the electrical activity of the brain. For this project, we will use the large EEG database at UCI Machine learning repository. This data arises from a large study to examine EEG correlates of genetic predisposition to alcoholism. One fascinating question is whether the patterns are different for an alcoholic and regular subject?
Deep Learning Based Project
₹5000 (Including Tax)
E-Commerce has experienced considerable growth since the dawn of the internet as a commercial enterprise. Deep Learning excels at identifying patterns in unstructured data and can predict the class of an uploaded image applied on eCommerce context. This project is an attempt to replicate virtual store assistance through image recognition over an eCommerce Fashion MNIST dataset.
Dr. Manjeet Rege is a Professor of Graduate Programs in Software and Data Science and Director, Center for Applied Artificial Intelligence at the University of St. Thomas. Dr. Rege is an author, mentor, thought leader, and a frequent public speaker on Big Data, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence technologies.
Ali is an Adjunct Instructor at the University of St. Thomas and is a Director of Software Engineering at the United Health Group. Ali has worked in many roles over the past 20 years including Software Department Manager at Starkey Hearing Technologies, Lead Software Engineer, SCRUM Master, and Agile Transformation Coach at Thomson Reuters; Technical Architect and Senior Technical Analyst for Target Corporation; Software Architect at Object Technology Solutions Inc.; and Programmer/Tester at IBM Mankato, Minnesota.
Dr. Abe Kazemzadeh is an Assistant Professor at the University of St. Thomas Graduate Programs in the Software department. His undergraduate interest in linguistics led him to graduate studies in computer science that focused on natural language processing and a career that has included research and software engineering in speech recognition, voice and text dialog systems, sentiment and demographic analysis of social media, social network analytics, and extracting machine-learned signals from financial news.
Jote brings over 20-Years of experience as a customer-centric IT executive with proven outcomes of influencing, shaping and executing enterprise strategies . He is a proven industry thought leader with many years in senior leadership roles with strategic accountabilities in the areas of Data Monetization, Enterprise Data Architecture, Digital Transformation, Master Data Management, Enterprise Metadata Management and Business Analytics capabilities.
Ashutosh currently works at Walmart Global Tech and has previously worked with several IT giants like IBM, HP, Vodafone as an Analyst and Data Scientist with exposure across Telecom, Retail, and HR analytics domains. he is a programmer by profession and has worked on several Machine Learning projects , both structured and unstructured. He is a Computer Science Engineering graduate and an MBA, by education.
Ganesh Naik is the author of several books such as “Learning Linux Shell Scripting”, “Bash Cookbook” and “Mastering Python Scripting for System Administrators. He is an awesome techie working on various Smart City Projects in India. He also has worked as a corporate trainer for ISRO, Intel, GE, Samsung, Motorola, PSDC(Malaysia), various companies in Singapore, Malaysia and India. He has industry experience as a developer for 20 years.
It was a really nice experience with the whole team. They always encouraged me during my weak times. Digital Vidya guys will really help you get through. They have got a great team of professionals working for you. So, just give your best and they will take care of the rest.
Digital Vidya provides a great platform for all data science aspirants. Corporate training, courses and webinars are worth investing time for trainees as well as companies. It brings diverse knowledge of Data Science under one platform. Keep up the good work!!!
The project was good and challenging. I benefitted the most from the capstone project. After the completion of one project, I want to do another one. Digital Vidya is a super organization in delivering excellent education online. 100% recommended to those who are hard-working and focused.
Meaningful insights combined with technology is a powerful combination and can improve business through the awareness it creates. Data Science is that perfect blend of insights and Technology.
About University of St. Thomas
University of St. Thomas is the largest private university in Minnesota, with more than 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students and 110,000+ alumni. Eight schools and colleges offer 150+ undergraduate majors and minors and 55+ graduate degree programs.
We are the only academic institution in Minnesota to be designated a “Changemaker Campus,” meaning social innovation, entrepreneurship and caring for the common good are built into everything we do. Our three campuses in St. Paul, downtown Minneapolis and Rome, Italy, offer unique learning and living opportunities.
BEST VALUE SCHOOL NATIONALLY (US NEWS & WORLD REPORT)
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY (US NEWS & WORLD REPORT)
BEST COLLEGE CAMPUSES IN AMERICA (NICHE.COM)
BEST UNDERGRADUATE ENGINEERING PROGRAM NATIONALLY (US NEWS & WORLD REPORT)