By 2025, the total amount of digital data created worldwide will rise to 175 zettabytes.
Almost every interaction that we have with technology involves data. A data scientist’s role includes analyzing complex datasets to derive insights for making viable business decisions. According to LinkedIn, there is a massive demand for professionals who can mine and interpret data.
To give us a clear view of the steps towards making a career in Data Science, we recently conducted a webinar on “How to Start a Career in Data Science“.
To lead the webinar, we had with us, Vaibhav Verdhan, Principal Data Scientist – Johnson & Johnson.
(1) Do not enter Data Science just for the sake of it. Enter if you really enjoy analysis and solving unknown problems.
(2) Skills matter, tools do not. Regression is the same in Python, R, SAS, Weka, Julia.
(3) Fail, learn and repeat. Make new mistakes and do not repeat the old ones.
(4) Network, network, network, network.
(5) Your learning never stops. It is an unending process.
These were the highlights of the session. To get in-depth details of “How to Start a Career in Data Science”, access the webinar recording.
Are you inspired by the opportunity of Data Science? Start your journey by attending our upcoming orientation session on Data Science for Career & Business Growth. It’s online and free!