About Maybelline New York India
The Maybelline Company was founded by a Tom Lyle Williams in 1915. The company began production from its first plant in Chicago and produced Maybelline Cake Mascara in 1917- the first modern eye cosmetic for everyday use. The company which was started off as a small family owned business is now a number one cosmetics company in America and is growing rapidly across the world. Maybelline New York India is a popular cosmetic brand in India with a wide presence in almost all cities and metropolitan areas through retail stores.
Maybelline New York India ‘s Business Objectives
The social media wave has spread in every section of the corporate world today. Companies rely upon social media for every major corporate actions that include branding, product promotion, recruitment, market research and consumer survey. There is a paradigm shift happened in the company’s approach too.
Companies are not working towards building successful brands these days instead they are actively seeking to build social brands.Foxy Moron Media Solutions Pvt. Ltd, a leading digital marketing company in India, came up with this unique social media campaign for its client, Maybelline New York India with the following business objectives on the agenda.
- Create an awareness about the brand with more focus on ‘Baby Lips Lip Balm’ and make a unique and catchy engagement with Maybelline New York fans across all online social media channels.
- Use the potential of crowd sourcing in India to promote brands.
- Integrate online efforts with offline activities to effectively incorporate the product’s core thoughts into the campaign activities.
- Reinforce the existing brand image in the market and adhere to the young and contemporary brand image that Maybelline New York India represents.
Approach / Strategy adopted by Maybelline New York India
- Millions of Maybelline New York Facebook fans were invited to contribute to ‘KISS’ song.
- Used Facebook application to source all the ‘kisses’ of the crowd.
- Generated curiosity amongst the Maybelline New York fans to know more about the Baby Lips KISS song and represented the brand’s bubbly and peppy spirit through the lyrics of ‘KISS’ song.
- Created India’s first and unique social engagement formula, crowd-sourced ‘KISS’ song.
- Created more awareness on Twitter platform using hashtags #AliaLovesMNY and #AliaLovesBabyLip.
- Generated more publicity in the online and offline space using a Baby Lips KISS song music video.
Results Achieved by Maybelline New York India
This campaign had received a tremendous response from the online community. The company received more engagements and involvements from fans and followers on all major social media networks. Here are the major achievements of this campaign. The Facebook fan count had reached over 2.1 million.
- Earned good response from the YouTube video created for promotional purpose.
- Received almost 2,50,000 views within the 4 days of the launch.
- The Twitter hashtag #KissSong was a successful campaign and trended in India.
- The company’s Twitter handle@MaybellineIndia had created an impact in the urban area and trended in Mumbai.
- Total followers on Twitter had moved above 4200.
- Over 6000 girls had participated in the campaign and contributed to the song with their kisses.
Foxy Moron Media had effectively used the popularity of a celebrity figure, Alia Bhat to make this campaign getting viral and popular on major social media channels. A strategic move from this digital marketing agency to make this campaign more interesting to its participants with unique, innovative ideas had reaped better results in this social media campaign.
Maybelline New York India had made this campaign even more unique when the company used the potential of crowd-sourcing in India to develop ‘KISS’ song. This new way of approach had clearly made an impact on the campaign and attracted more fans and followers for the participation.
Image Sources: Google Images