About the Company
Superdry is UK based youth apparel brand focusing on high-quality products that uses a blend of vintage American and Japanese-inspired graphics with a British style. The various distinctive features of this brand are quality fabrics, vintage washes, unique detailing, hand drawn graphics and tailored fits with diverse styling.
The brand has a significant presence around the world, operating through 515 Superdry branded locations in 46 countries. There are 139 owned stores across UK and mainland Europe, 208 franchised and licensed stores, all but one outside the UK, and 168 concessions.
Superdry also sells through its website Superdry.com to over 100 countries worldwide, operating from 21 international websites.
Superdry launched their presence in India with a set of street drive events .They wanted to extend this idea online to connect with the younger demographics on Twitter. They partnered with digital agency Brandmovers India and conceptualized a unique Twitter campaign called ‘Superdry Tweet Fuel’. The campaign virtually simulates the brand’s entry into India through a microsite where the drive is fuelled by user tweets
Approach and Execution
‘Superdry Tweet Fuel’ Twitter campaign challenged the users to express their views in the form of tweets and help getting the iconic Superdry Morgan 3 Wheeler roadster to India by converting their tweets to fuel for the car. The campaign was executed using a dedicated microsite that depicts the exciting journey of the Morgan 3 Wheeler Roadster from London to Mumbai. The contest was easy and simple, the users had to follow the Superdry India’s Twitter account and had to tweet about where they would go for a #SuperDrive if they had a Morgan 3 Wheeler, and their tweets will get converted into fuel for the car.
Powered by the tweets which converted to fuel for the Morgan 3 Wheeler Roadster, the car travelled from London Superdry stores to Dover crossing through the English Channel to France, Germany, Belgium, Dubai and finally India. Exciting prizes were to be won in the campaign like Superdry apparel, an opportunity to drive the Morgan 3 Wheeler and many others.
The different level of tweets unlocked exciting set of prizes. The best tweets for each level were featured on the microsite under the contributors section and also qualified to win prizes.
Refer to the link below showing the journey of the digital campaign:
- The campaign generated 2600+ tweets and 5.4 million+ impressions reaching an audience of more than 1.5 million people in 5 days.
- On the day of the launch of Superdry stores in India (same day as the qualifying rounds for the Formula 1 Indian Grand Prix) the campaign trended in major Indian cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad & Lucknow.
- On the day of launch itself the campaign generated more than 1300 tweets & 4.5 million impressions reaching an audience of 1 million+ people.
- The campaign hashtag ranked 393 globally reaching the peak of 35.
- On an average the visitors to the microsite spent more than 3 minutes on the website.
- Superdry is a youth apparel brand and an innovative campaign on a social media platform like Twitter helped the brand reaching the target audience in a cost effective way.
- The campaign helped in generating curiosity among the youngsters and was successful in engaging the target audience in the launch process
Image Credits: Superdry