Gaurav Dwivedi is currently Heading Digital Marketing in an E-commerce logistic Portal by the name of Shipping Exchange. I have worked on both the business models be it B2B or B2C and have extended my services to various industries starting from travel to online education, E-Commerce to Health (multilingual), fashion to technology and Logistics.
Digital marketing helps the traditional business of any type to run on an online platform and hence emphasis on bringing end user from various social networking sites like LinkedIn, twitter etc. to a single platform for easy and quick business. With the help of various SEO techniques and paid campaigns digital marketing enables effective and instant approach towards the target audience.
How did you get into Digital Marketing? What interested you in learning Digital Marketing?
Gaurav: I am a B-Tech graduate and had passion of making blogs which eventually inclined my interest in this field. I was fond of exploring the internet to gain more knowledge about online social activities and that was the time when I started enchanting myself into this industry, hence choosing it as a career. People told SEO might elapse in coming years and hence, they started finding alternate ways of how to sustain in the market. I was still very sure that this field will do some wonders for me in my life, Happy to be a professional digital marketer now.
People told SEO might elapse in coming years and hence, they started finding alternate ways of how to sustain in the market. I was still very sure that this field will do some wonders for me in my life, Happy to be a professional digital marketer now.
According to you, what are the advantages of conventional marketing over Digital Marketing? Do you think that Digital Marketing is a threat to the future of conventional marketing?
- A vast reach– Conventional marketing is probably having a greater reach over digital marketing due to the type of audience it targets. Not only has it targeted users using internet but also those who don’t.
- Efficiency – Conventional marketing focuses on sharing information to the masses at a particular time than focusing on sharing it according to customers need, as in case of digital marketing. For Eg. An advertisement on TV or on Radio will reach more effectively and quickly to the masses as it can be seen/heard at the same time than publishing it on internet and people knowing about the same whenever they use internet, in case of digital marketing.
I still feel that conventional marketing has got some threat from digital marketing if we take current scenarios of e-commerce into consideration. Telling you why it is so is because of the evolution of mobiles and the usage of internet which has immensely gone high and hence activities such as searching on web or being socially active has increased the frequency of engagement with customers.
Share about your 3 favorite Digital Marketing case studies. What did you like most about them?
Gaurav: Though there are a number of case studies i have gone through but here are some of my favourite ones.
- BootstrapBay: – How to convert more than 18000 visitors in one day for your blog post.
- Maersk Line :- Where B2B industry doesn’t depend on social media activities for its growth and development, this case study showed how well they managed their social media by attracting almost 8 lac people from different social sites.
- Vondra :- The case study enlightens on the conversion of webinar registrants into attendees.
According to you, what are the top 3 mistakes committed by organizations today in leveraging Digital Marketing?
- Quick Results- It is a human tendency to expect spontaneous results on every effort done. But in case of digital marketing it takes time to analyze the new marketing strategies and takes a steady time to generate results.
- Not knowing the target audience- This shows their lack of knowledge in terms of understanding the audience they want to approach.
- Not updated with Google trends- Usually organizations do not update themselves according to Google policies and new algorithms.
Between Agency and In-house, which approach would you recommend for maximum value of Digital Marketing? Why?
Gaurav: It totally depends upon the approach, scale and investment of an enterprise. If we talk about a start-up or an organization running a single product or an enterprise with less investment, initially in-house approach would remain a better option but they can hire an agency after some time when the things start running smoothly.
On the other hand, if finance is not an issue and the organization carries out multiple products, hiring an agency would initially be preferred by me because of their experience in multiple domains. Also, after settling things the organization may hire an in-house digital marketing team.
Which are your 3 favorite Digital Marketing Tools?
Why do you think it’s important for entrepreneurs, marketing professionals and students to learn Digital Marketing today?
- For Entrepreneur- To gain knowledge and educate itself about online business trends.
- For Student- To avail job opportunities related to online internet market.
- For Professional- To remain updated with the changes in marketing strategies and modulates according to its requirement.
What are the top 3-5 skills you look for when hiring a candidate for Digital Marketing profile?
- Ability to adapt themselves according to Situation.
- They should be internet savvy, Creative and predominantly active on social media.
- Passionate to Learn New things
What is your advice for newbies, who are looking at building a career in Digital Marketing industry?
Gaurav: If you are internet savvy and addicted to social media this will be a great field for you.
Nowadays, Digital marketing is a booming industry and it would be hard to sustain for any brand in the near future without it. So, If you want to make your career in this field, you should remain active on social media and read online marketing blogs with the latest Google update on regular basis.
You can also read marketing news and remain active on marketing forums to remain updated. This all would be extremely helpful for your career growth.
How do you stay updated on the latest trends in Digital Marketing? Which are the Digital Marketing resources (i.e. blogs/websites/apps) you visit regularly?
Share the names of 3 people you respect when it comes to Digital Marketing.
- Brian Dean
- Jayson Demers
- Rand Fishkin
How do you see Digital Media evolving in future? What are the top 3 trends do you foresee for 2016?
Gaurav: Though Future is uncertain – The drastic increase in the internet users along with availability of almost everything is online makes me feel the evolution of digital marketing a sure shot. According to me three marketing trends that might be booming in 2016 are as follows:-
- Mobile App Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Content Marketing
Would you like to share few words about the work we are doing at Digital Vidya?
I would like to congratulate team Digital Vidya for initiating a wonderful concept of online training and educating Entrepreneurs, Student and Professionals in the digital marketing domain. I wish Pradeep and whole Digital Vidya team enlightens many more careers of People who get associated with them, All the best for Coming years.
Are you inspired by the opportunity of Digital Marketing? Start your journey by attending our upcoming orientation session on Digital Marketing for Career & Business Growth. It’s online and Free :).