Running all around arranged and highly focused internet marketing campaign is not difficult to facilitate. If smartly used, it is not hard to coordinate, it will not cost a great deal of money and it will for sure create traffic, generate leads, optimize rage and ensure conversions.
It needs a bit research and strong learning of your target audience, plus, an internet marketing plan that targets, convinces and converts your audiences.
The Internet makes money for you when you build something that is real and when it matters to people! — Darren Rowse
On 10th April 2018, there were over 1.8 Billion websites recorded on the internet.
This fact explains that more and more businesses are getting involved in internet marketing. This makes it essential for them to know the in and out of internet marketing campaign.
You can plan and actualize a basic internet marketing strategy quite easily and below given 10 steps will help you do this in the most convenient and efficient way possible.
10 Steps to Run Effective Internet Marketing Campaigns
1. Know Your Audience & Choose Your Targets
The first thing to run a successful internet marketing campaign is- knowing your audience. It is like defining your products and for this, you need to answer below-given questions:
- Who is my ideal client male or female?
- Does my ideal client work out of the home or in the home?
- What is the actual job profile of my target audience- a CEO, a manager, an executive, entrepreneur, worker, freelancer, etc.?
- What is the net family income of my client?
- What is the level of education of my perfect customer?
- Does my ideal client have space in her spending plan for my product or service on occasional, steady or on a one-time basis?
- How do my ideal clients use my product or services- for themselves or as a gift?
- How much time my ideal customer spends online?
- Where do my ideal customers search for the kind of products that my company offers- online or in physical stores?
Once you have finalized your questions to know your target audiences, you need to choose your targets wisely. You need to target one specific type of customer, and for this, creating a buyer persona is considered one of the most important techniques of successful internet marketing campaigns.
Buyer Persona focuses on below given three factors-
- Who your ideal customer is
- What your customers need
- Your customers’ online habits and buying behaviours
2. Know The Channels To Find Your Audience
After determining the right buyer personas, you need to figure out how and where to find your audience. You need to know what channels will really grab the attention of your audiences in a conversion-oriented manner. In today’s time, everyone is always on the web. You need to be aware of the channels where you can post Ads.
- A coordinated effort across several sites and channels help you optimize online presence of your brand in the most powerful manner
- If your brand is seen in several places, its visibility and retained message will be much stronger
- For this, you would be required to know where and how your potential clients use search engines, social media and other sites
- To get more comprehensive insight about your audiences’ preference, you can use HubSpot, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Insights, Pinterest Analytics, Google Analytics and other tools to find out exact information such as when your audiences use a particular kind of platform, plus, which special feature of your posts ensures better engagement with them
- Find here the list some of the best internet marketing channels
- In below-given steps, some channels that can help you in targeting your audiences are given
3. Use Search Engine Optimization
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is all about optimizing a website or webpage for search engines so that they can rank good in SERPs. SEO is highly useful in-
- Designing and developing e-commerce websites that are Search Engine Friendly and ranks good in SERPs
- Knowing the working of search algorithms and search preferences of your target audiences
- Optimizing a website as per the keywords that your audiences use
Successful internet marketing campaigns pay heed upon following SEO tips-
- Choosing SEO Friendly Website Domain
- Knowing SEO Tactics & Methods
- Use of SEO friendly Design & Layout
- Optimization of Keywords, Meta Tags, Title and Anchor
- Link Building and Mobile SEO
- On-Page and Off-page SEO
- SEO Copywriting
4. Use Search Engine Marketing
Search engine marketing can be understood as the paid cousin of SEO. To show up your site as a top result for organic search engine results, it is advisable to use paid advertising. This boosts the ranking of your site and helps you get many clicks to your site for which you also pay a fixed amount of money.
The price that you pay depends on what keyword you want to show up for. Those keywords that visitors search a lot are more competitive and you would be required to pay for those. For winning with SEM, it is essential to have a paid product or service. It helps you through-
- Rule-based personalization of marketing at internet scale
- Effective use of Google Adwords, Microsoft AdCenter and Yahoo Search Marketing
- Market Analysis, Ad Writing Techniques, Campaign Management, Bid Management Plan along with reporting and analysis
5. Know The Right Way To Use Content Marketing
Content marketing is one of the most important parts of successful internet marketing campaigns. It is all about offering timely, interesting and relevant value to your audience. The initial step to do this is knowing your stuff and understanding how content marketing impacts brand awareness. Convincing and engaging content assists you to show your audiences what your company represents.
Brand awareness is not only the way through which your audiences become familiar with the name of your brand, but it is how well they notice the USPs of your brand. For ensuring this, your content should highlight the qualities that establish your brand way ahead than your competitors.
- You can use a page on your website that describes your company culture and how it’s unique
- You can also include a page for outlining the ways that your brand differs from others in the same industry
Below given are some tips that will help you increase brand awareness through the right use of content marketing-
- Understand your audience
- Create a content strategy
- Use your company’s blog as a tool for brand awareness
- Participate in the community
- Send email newsletters
- Use social media to promote your content
- Analyze your results
6. Use Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing can be understood as one of the most effective ways of gaining traffic or attention via different social media sites. For channelizing pervasive internet marketing campaigns, using Social Media Marketing is must these days.
Varieties of social media channels are available these days and each of the channels plays a different role in targeting audiences. Different social media channels that are available for you are-
Social media marketing is also helpful in building links that in turn support your SEO endeavours. There are people who perform searches at social media sites to find social media content relevant to their requirements.
Social media presence affects the relevancy of some search results and it can even help you boost online presence in ‘mainstream’ search engine
7. Learn PPC Advertising Techniques
In PPC advertising, advertisers pay for each click they receive on an ad created by them. It may sound same to SEM, but SEM deals with only one type of PPC advertising while there are many platforms that let you show your ads to their audience with PPC.
Different social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn YouTube, and Instagram also offer PPC services.
- To calculate PPC, the basic formula is: – Pay per click ($) = Advertising cost ($) ÷ Number of ad clicks
- Two of the most popular PPC platforms are Google AdWords and Facebook
- Different entities that are involved in PPC advertising are-
- Product Seller
- PPC Marketer
- Landing Page
- Landing Page Provider
- The viewer or the Visitor
Reasons, why you should include PPC in your internet marketing campaigns, are-
- Quick Wins
- Target Keywords You Can’t Rank Organically For
- It offers the options that you cannot get from other kinds of internet marketing
8. Use Affiliate, Mobile & Email Marketing
(i) Affiliate Marketing
- It can be understood as a performance-based marketing model in which affiliate partners are rewarded for driving the desired action
- The desired action can be site visits, conversions of a lead, etc. Affiliate marketing is a low-risk way to promote your products and services
- It is cost-effective and ensures third-party validation for your brand
- It is effective in rapidly scaling your traffic
(ii) Mobile Marketing
- Incorporating mobile marketing in your internet marketing campaign ensures Immediacy, Affordability and Easy Distribution
- It offers better Response Rate/Effectiveness and it can be personalized and well targeted
- It ensures better interactivity and reachability
- It can turn an internet marketing campaign viral, plus, it is highly quantifiable as well
(iii) Email Marketing
- Email Marketing is one of the oldest forms of marketing that ensures targeted campaigns
- It increases brand awareness and it is easily shareable
- It is cost-effective and highly measurable
9. Know Internet Marketing Tools To Automate, Track & Monitor Your Campaign
To make your internet marketing campaign automated, plus, for tracking and monitoring those campaigns, using internet marketing tools is also highly important to run best online marketing campaigns. Some of the best internet marketing tools for this purpose are-
1. InfusionSoft- Email marketing (and more)
2. BuzzSumo- Content Marketing
3. Canva- Graphic Design and Visual Content
4. Pingdom Website Speed Test- SEO and Site Speed:
5. Ahrefs- SEO
6. Buffer- Social Media
7. CoSchedule-Marketing Schedule
8. HubSpot- Automation
10. Go Through Some Top Internet Marketing Campaign Examples
Going through some of the highly successful Internet Marketing Campaign Examples will also guide you make your internet marketing campaign more convincing, engaging and powerful. Below given is the list of 5 such Internet Marketing Campaign examples-
(i) Britannia Good Day #SmileMoreForAGoodDay
- Britannia Good Day’s “Smile More For a Good Day” with brand ambassador Deepika Padukone is one of the best online marketing campaigns
- On social media, Good Day started spreading the word with some greatly engaging and powerful visuals
- It also used social influencers from different walks of life to amplify its brand presence and brand philosophy
(ii) Nanhi Kali & Nestlé India #EducateTheGirlChild
- Nestlé India joined hands with Project Nanhi Kali which is an initiative for providing primary education to underprivileged girl children in India
- #EducateTheGirlChild was a touching digital film that had informative visual content and it used different social platforms ranging from Twitter to Periscope to live stream
(iii) Godrej Kala HIT “101 ways to kill a mosquito”
- Godrej Kala HIT had launched ‘101 ways to kill a mosquito’ for promoting its new Lime flower variant is another best online marketing campaigns.
- It was a unique social media-driven co-journey that used effective video marketing campaigns in which users got to know wacky ways of killing a mosquito
- The campaign started by sharing different gifts and short videos and it was carried forward with user-generated ideas
- All the best online marketing campaign ideas were later featured at the microsite
(iv) IndusInd Bank #JeetkaHalla Paralympics
- Bank in association with GoSports Foundation had launched “JeetkaHalla” in support of Indian Para-athletes in the Paralympics 2016
- It was a campaign with an aim of highlighting their achievements
- An anthem was also created for its video campaign that starred some of our para-athletes
- Different visuals were used for describing their inspiring journey
(v) Dell India Aarambh
- This internet marketing campaign was aimed to accelerate PC adoption in India
- It was a pan India initiative for preparing students for a Digital India by letting them be equipped with new-age skills, enhanced learning and the power of digital technology
- For its online promotion, the brand released long-form films and invested in a learning content portal that helps teachers, students and parents
- The portal is accessible in Hindi as well as in English
Following previously mentioned 10 steps will help you plan and execute a successful internet marketing campaign with utmost accuracy and guaranteed results.
Going through different internet marketing campaign examples will help you understand the importance of ‘being unique, having a personal touch, using different digital mediums to circulate brand voice’ while running a viral and result driven internet marketing campaign.
Along with aforestated steps, enrolling in digital marketing training will help you channelize a full-proof internet marketing campaign that ensures 100% success.
In case of any doubts or queries about online marketing campaign ideas, feel free to update us in comments.