Staying popular in this constantly changing and highly competitive online market is a huge challenge. And then there are regular Google updates that prove to be all the more taxing for business owners. There are lots of such businesses that are still looking to improve traffic to their website. If you want to see huge inflow of traffic to your website, working hard is the motto. That is because lots of factors come into play for bringing back traffic to a site. No traffic means, no business and no business means huge losses and failure. So, what are the sure shot ways to Get Website Traffic?
Actionable ways to Get Website Traffic
The most important point that you need to keep in mind to succeed in this is to have a sound knowledge of every factor that helps bring in more traffic to a website. And the actions that can help you further in this regard are discussed below. However, you need to remember that not all the strategies are fast fixes. It may take some time before the results start showing. So, having patience is extremely important as well.
1. Socialise Well
Socialising is one of the excellent ways to get website traffic. Since socialising today is no more restricted to physical presence, connecting with people from all over the world has become easier. You need to make the most of this option. Start posting in the social media websites to draw more attention, which will definitely help with increased traffic. But, simply posting about your business on the media channels won’t help. You need to participate in those on a regular basis to engage more and more people. Check if readers are commenting on the blogs you are updating and answer back wherever necessary. Great interaction will win you a huge traffic and thereby a large base of loyal customers. Few tips to follow while posting on the social media channels:
- Understand that not all social media platforms are the same. Recognise your needs and engage with people over the right platform. For example, if you are in food business or arts and crafts, Pinterest will be your best bet.
- If you have presence in more than one social media platform, make sure that the regular posts are not copy pasted content, broadcasting about your business/products/services.
- Avoid overdoing it. It is commonly known, and holds true too, that nothing in excess is good.
2. Content still remains the King
Content is the most important aspect of any website. However, it does not mean that you need to simply have a blog full of plain articles. Content marketing is a great way to get Website Traffic and there are more than one ways to do that. Innovation is the trick. How to get traffic on website using content? Add fresh and relevant content in your site from time to time. And rather than submitting simple and informative content over and over again, think of some offbeat ways to pique the interest of the readers.
Infographics, videos, interviews and blogging in other sites are few of the unusual ways to do content marketing. Besides developing the right content, you need to build the right content strategy as well. Few other things that you need to keep in mind to get the ball rolling are:
- Content should be of varying length
- Content formats need to be different
- Content should have an appealing headline
- Add data to make your content more plausible
- Add videos and images to make content less boring
- Add meta descriptions before publishing a content online to improve visibility on search engines
And last but not the least make sure that you stir up some original content, which is not already there on the web.
3. Keyword Tactics
Content marketing and keywords walk hand in hand. Power the substance with phrases that people usually search with. This will help you in hitching the first few spots in the search list of the topmost search engines. Getting at the top of the list helps improve traffic flow to your site. But, can the keywords help you reach the top? Simply stuffing the keywords in your content is not enough. You need to make smart use of those important phrases. Some keyword tricks to remember:
- Keywords are equally proportional to what your customers want. So, try your best to know what they want.
- Longtail keywords are popular now. Start using long keywords that run into almost half of a sentence.
- Avoid over stuffing keywords in the content. Google will blacklist your article/site, which would result in minimized site view and thus less or no traffic inflow.
4. The Link Story
Link building is yet another factor that is linked to both content marketing and keyword usage. Link building can be done in various ways. You can make guest posts in few websites that have high DA and add a link to your site. This is known as backlinks. Usually guest posts come for free. You can also get paid backlinks, in which a paid article with a link to your site is posted in other sites, in lieu of money. Another option is to create internal links, where one page is linked with the other. This is a great tactic to increase on-site time, traffic and conversion rate. Some tips to remember in link building:
- Analyse competitor backlinks
- Try listing your site in directory submission lists
- Build good relationships with others in your niche
- Stay informed on the changes in the search engine optimization or SEO techniques and thus link building as well
- Go for white hat link building because it is the necessity of the day
5. Build a responsive site
Having a highly responsive site is extremely important to get Website Traffic. Nowadays, a greater part of the population is reportedly using Smartphones. So, your site should be designed in such a way that it works well on all kinds of devices, be it a mobile, tablet or PC. For example, if it is a fashion app, such as Myntra, the buttons, icons and images should adjust based on the device on which it is opened. Similarly, if it is a coupon site like that of Happy Sale, you need to determine which features should be more visible to make it easier for an user to find a deal.
In addition to this, it will also have to be an easy to understand platform, where a visitor can easily move around from one page to the other. Finding clickable items should be easy for a reader. So, what are the things you need to keep in mind with respect to a responsive website/homepage design?
- Run a survey to know more about user experience
- If required take help of professionals who are expert in web designing
- Keep in mind the color play so that it does not look over the top and yet not drab
- If you want to know how to get traffic to a new website then this one would be the most useful technique for you
- Analyse other websites both in your niche and out of your niche
- Keep the commenting option open so that you can receive feedbacks and improve user experience likewise
- Intuitive web pages will attract more visitors
- Keep things simple and yet different
6. Keep updated on Analytics
Analysis is great for success. You need to analyse the steps you have taken to get Website Traffic in-flow from time to time. This will help you find out which factors are working in your favour and what are the points you need to work on. The easiest way to find all of these details is taking help of Google Analytics. Google is the most important search engine and rolls out rules on website ranking on regular basis. In order to keep everything under control you need to:
- Avoid blindly following other sites, because your requirements are unique to your site
- Find out the areas from which most of your web traffic is coming
- Know how much time the web pages of your site are taking to open
- Find out the posts that are most popular
7. SEO tools can help too
Using SEO tools is a great way to find out where you stand with respect to SEO, as optimization determines traffic volume. Numerous such tools are available online, for free and also paid. It becomes easier for you to find out if you are using the right keywords, if your content is unique, the traffic volume and even more. Here are some of the best SEO tools that will help you get Website Traffic:
- Hootsuite – It is a tool that helps with the management of the social media platforms
- Google trends – Keeping up with the changing market becomes easy with Google Trends, which gives results on search query volume based on queries/topics
- Wordstream – It is a tool that helps you with keyword ideas for free and reportedly is better than most of the paid services
- Anchor text over optimization tool – This tool helps you find out ratio of anchor texts used in the site
8. Keep a tab on changes
Want to know how to get Website Traffic then it is extremely necessary to keep tab on the on-going changes in the online market. This is important so that you can modify your marketing tactics, which can help improve the traffic volume. For example, the new trend is to migrate your site to SSL because Google has promised to boost rankings of the SSL sites. It would not be easy to embrace this change as moving to SSL would mean that all the URLs will be modified to https from http. But, change is important for survival and so you should make the changes as and when necessary. How to start using SSL?
- To start using SSL, you can add free SSL available with Lets Encrypt, a open certificate authority for users.
- You can also buy an SSL certificate
9. Perform testing
You must have developed various versions of web pages for your site to find out which is working better. Here’s an easy way to find this out. There is this method called A/B split testing available with Google Analytics. You can test both the versions of a page on your site to find out which is working better than the other. To start testing:
- You need to learn how A/B split testing works
- Use it whenever necessary
10. Host Webinars
Hosting webinars will let you impart your wisdom to your audiences who are keen to learn new things. This is one of the latest ways to get more Website Traffic. You should combine your Webinar with an effective social media campaign.
- Sending an email with “last chance to register” reminder the day before the webinar can be quite effective in targeting more customers who look for the kind of information that you are going to offer
- You can also record your webinar presentation and share it on Social Networks to do effective promotion of your site through social media.
So, here’s how you can improve traffic coming in to your site.
These are some of the full-proof ways that can help you get traffic to your website free. And as mentioned before, you may not see any improvement instantly for most of the actions taken.
But, you must be knowing that Rome was not built in a day.
Therefore, you will also be start seeing positive results if you continue incorporating aforestated techniques to get website traffic.
I hope now you would have understood how to get more website traffic to optimize online presence of your e-business. Joining a Digital Marketing Course will let you understand and execute best techniques to get Website Traffic.