Search Engine Marketing or SEseachM can be understood as a set of online marketing activities that aims to promote a certain website-related to a specific product or service in different search engines. It is a term that alludes to search marketing tricks and techniques utilized by site owners to increase their ranking in SERPs and direct prospects to their site. The web-advertising practices employed for effective search marketing include SEO and paid marketing techniques. To aid the learning process, books still act as the best resources. This blog will enlighten you with the 10 most read Search Engine Marketing books!
Search engines are basically the current arena of today’s marketing. People use top 10 search engines to get all kinds of information of their interests, and it is a must for marketers to channelize their digital marketing campaigns by being up to standard with the latest and accurate search engine marketing strategies.
The process of utilizing online resources to attract, engage and convert prospects to your website is Search Engine Marketing (SEM). If you are marketing your products online or dealing in web services, it is a must to understand how SEM marketing can be used to promote your products, attract, convert and retain your clients. Following 10 best Search Engine Marketing books will help you learn Search Engine Marketing thoroughly to optimize your internet marketing campaigns.
Top 10 Search Engine Marketing Books
|S.No.||Search Engine Marketing Books||Author Name|
|1.||Winning Results with Google AdWords, Second Edition||Andrew Goodman|
|2.||50 Ways to Make Google Love Your Website||Steve Johnston and Liam McGee|
|3.||Multilingual Digital Marketing||Maria Johnsen|
|4.||Trust Agents: Using the Web to Build Influence, Improve Reputation, and Earn Trust||Julien Smith and Chris Brogan|
|5.||The Art of SEO||Eric Enge, Stephen Spencer & Jessie Stricchiola|
|6.||Insider Secrets for a Successful Website Business||Sharon Delarose|
|7.||Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics||Brian Clifton|
|9.||Landing Page Optimization||Tim Ash|
|10.||Global Search Engine Marketing||Anne F. Kennedy|
1.) Winning Results with Google AdWords, Second Edition by Andrew Goodman
- Written by Andrew Goodman, Winning Results with Google AdWords lets you reach millions of targeted new customers at the very moment they are visiting your site and looking products/services they are targeted to.
- Andrew Goodman, in ‘Winning Results with Google AdWords’ guides you know everything that can maximize clients’ paid search marketing campaigns.
- This is one of the best Search Engine Marketing book teaches you the latest techniques for writing successful ads, increasing conversion rates, selecting and grouping specific keywords, and maximizing online sales in a dexterous manner.
- It is useful to learn techniques to expand your ad distribution, create strategic groups of ads and keywords, test and tweak your ads in a result-oriented fashion.
- You can understand Google’s Quality Score ad ranking system, Quality-based bidding, effective use of Keyword-tools to your advantages, filtering of inappropriate prospects, use of Google Analytics & so on.
2.) 50 Ways to Make Google Love Your Website by Steve Johnston and Liam McGee
- Written by Steve Johnston and Liam McGee, 50 Ways to Make Google Love Your Website teaches you tips to use Google to help you understand how prospects search for the kinds of things you are offering to them.
- It helps you create a website that your customers will find in Google in quickest possible time. The book helps you make your site be more recognizable and conversion-oriented in search engines.
- This easy-to-understand book is effective in letting you understand how Google actually sifts the billions of its pages and how it indexes its information and decides the ranking of websites.
Download Detailed Curriculum and Get Complimentary access to Orientation Session
Time: 3 PM IST
- As one of the best search engine marketing books, it includes useful lessons on how you can improve the performance of your own website in SERPs are provided in the most interactive and easy to understand manner.
- It helps you know the sort of priority issues you need to address first to ensure well-targeted search engine marketing campaigns that let Google rank you higher in search results.
3.) Multilingual Digital Marketing: How to Achieve Your Digital Marketing Objectives and Increase Sales by Maria Johnsen
- Multilingual Digital Marketing by Maria Johnsen helps you understand all the important concepts of Search Engine Marketing & Search Engine Result Pages.
- Amongst several other search engine marketing books, to know how search engines work and what are the best-paid advertisement strategies are, this book is really helpful. You will get to know tips of smart bidding at the lowest costs that can increase your sales.
- It includes one of the most effective pay per click strategies and you will also become familiar with Global Marketing tactics, Sales tactics, multilingual mobile advertising strategies, multilingual neuromarketing, etc.
- To ensure your SEM campaign be result-oriented, it is must to find the right salespeople and know techniques to motivate them to increase sales, and through this search engine marketing books, you can learn this quite competently.
- It also updates you about the Google’s latest algorithms and the best practices that are effective in increasing online visibility of your site.
4.) Trust Agents: Using the Web to Build Influence, Improve Reputation, and Earn Trust by Julien Smith and Chris Brogan
- Trust Agents by Julien Smith and Chris Brogan lets you know how to build trust in marketing campaigns and ensure more lead generations and conversions.
- You can understand how online influencers trade in trust, relationships, and reputation that helps you adopt more target-oriented strategies in your Search Engine Marketing Campaigns.
- The book includes the best tips regarding the effective use of social media to accrue the influence that may build up or bring down your online businesses.
- Trust Agents provides you some of the best tips given by Two Social Media veterans that let you know best practices to tap into the power of social networks that help you establish your brands’ influence and reputation
- Information related to the latest online social tools to build networks of influence, and a combination of high–level theory and practical actions make this book highly useful for search specialists.
5.) The Art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine Optimization by Eric Enge, Stephan Spencer, Jessie Stricchiola
- Three Top Rated SEO experts share techniques and guidelines that will let you plan and execute a comprehensive and result-oriented SEO strategies. It comprehends SEO’s many intricacies and complexities in the simplest possible way.
- As an SEM book, it updates you with some of the best SEO tools and SEM marketing methods that let you understand the underlying theory and working methods of Search Engines.
- The Art of Seo also guides you about best practices of social media, backlinks, data, and analytics. You will be able to track results and measure the success of your SEM campaigns.
- You can find best tips that help you know the exact art of SEO as per your target market in The Art of SEO- toped as one of the top search engine marketing books. Additionally, it lets you use search engines up to their utmost benefits.
- Details regarding the effects of Google Panda and Penguin Algorithms are comprehensively provided and you will also be able to know SEO local, vertical, organic and other SEO opportunities.
6.) Insider Secrets for a Successful Website Business by Sharon Delarose
- Written by Sharon Delarose, Insider Secrets for a Successful Website Business lets you know effective techniques to be on the top-ten spots of the search engines.
- Ranked amongst the must-read search engine marketing books, Insider Secrets for a Successful Website has systematic guidelines that let you know how to build a profitable internet business. You will also be able to know how to rev up your existing internet business.
- You will get to know important tips to make money from website by spending time creating and updating websites in a search-engine friendly manner.
- Examples of successful online businesses and innovative techniques used by them to do the top-rated search engine marketing to make their business be profitable are comprehensively given in this book.
- You will learn all the techniques that search engines love, and additionally, best tips to build website in the right way that will not let you have tensions to add gimmicks to use to target any specific search engines.
- Higher positions get the traffic and Traffic is equal to Money. This book will take you inside two popular websites and let you know how they are creating multiple streams of income.
7.) Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics by Brian Clifton
- Written by Brian Clifton, Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics lets you know all the important things related to Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a free analytics tool offered by Google.
- Millions of web site owners use Google Analytics to assess the effectiveness of their efforts and by reading this book, you can understand all the idiosyncrasies of GA that will offer more ways to increase the value of your web site
- Tracking your site performance, featuring new content based on reader and client’s requests, and other techniques to measure the success of your digital marketing campaign, you will know everything of lead generation and conversion.
Download Detailed Curriculum and Get Complimentary access to Orientation Session
Time: 3 PM IST
- You can also learn concepts related to tracking of social and mobile visitors, use of new multichannel funnel reporting features, techniques to adeptly use filters and a lot more in Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics
- Book also updates you about the new Google tools in the revamped Google Analytics and additionally, it covers social media analytics features, multi–dashboard configurations, advanced segmentation displays, using Top 20 reports features of GA. etc.
8.) Optimize: How to Attract and Engage More Customers by Integrating SEO, Social Media, and Content Marketing by Lee Odden
- Written by Lee Odden, Optimize lets you learn all the important techniques to attract, persuade, and inspire your prospects with an “Optimize and Socialize” content marketing strategy.
- Lee Odden is one of the leading authorities on Content and Online Marketing and in this book, he explains how to create a blueprint for integrated search, content marketing, social media and search marketing strategy.
- The book is designed to give readers a practical approach of search and social media optimization with content marketing that aids in boosting visibility, relevance and customer engagement of your website.
- You will get to know tips to adeptly use creative content marketing tactics that have been proven to increase online performance across different marketing channels
- The booklets you learn to incorporate essential content optimization and social media engagement principles by that increasing conversion by engaging relevant customers online will be quite easy for you.
9.) Landing Page Optimization: The Definitive Guide to Testing and Tuning for Conversions by Tim Ash
- Written by Tim Ash, Landing Page Optimization: The Definitive Guide to Testing and Tuning for Conversions is a fully updated guide that lets you be aware of tricks and techniques that can make your landing pages profitable.
- Lessons about optimizing your landing pages to maximize exposure and conversion rate are given in Landing Page Optimization, which lets you design your website in a search engine friendly and conversion oriented fashion.
- Landing Page Optimization has case studies with before–and–after results of some successful Search Engine Campaigns and additionally, it provides you important information on website usability too.
- Through this, you will be able to know how to prepare all types of content for testing, how to recognize the seven common design mistakes, how to interpret results, and a lot more.
- Well-updated and informative case studies on landing page optimization are given in this book and in addition to that, it lets you learn how to use Website Optimizer tool to ensure more profits.
10.) Global Search Engine Marketing by Anne F. Kennedy
- Written by Anne F. Kennedy, Global Search Engine Marketing is amongst those search engine marketing books that help you fine-tune your international search engine results by applying effective and well-trusted search engine marketing techniques.
- Global Search Engine Marketing updates you with the maneuvers that help you use search engines to reach all your best customers-worldwide and hence let you ensure more lead generation and conversions.
- This book is best fit for you if you wish to master global search marketing and reach all your most profitable customers and prospects- does not matter wherever they are.
- The book helps you discover differences in how local or global people search, and then it guides you to craft effective online search engine marketing campaigns to target prospects in well-targeted fashion.
- Anne F Kennedy is a leading global search expert who identifies all the challenges associated with global search marketing in this book, and then provides you proven solutions for all the key issues related to search engine marketing.
“Search engine marketing and search engine optimization are critically important to online businesses. You can spend every penny you have on a website, but it will all be for nothing if nobody knows your site is there.” – says Marc Ostrofsky (an American entrepreneur, venture capitalist, New York Times Best Selling Author)
Over mentioned 10 Search Engine Marketing Books will help you learn best Search Engine Marketing practices to channelize your marketing campaigns more effectively. SEM books let you know techniques to score high ranks in SERPs. These books will guide you with the best tips to increase Alexa Rank, Domain Authority, Lead Generation, Conversions and everything related to Search Engines.
If you are a marketing enthusiast and want to build a strong profile in it, read these best marketing books.
Wish to know more about search engine marketing? Join our online Search Engine Marketing Certification Course.
Have any doubts or suggestions about Search Engine Marketing Books? Do update me in the comment section below!