About Van Heusen
Van Heusen, a premium apparel brand for men, women and youth, is promoted by Madura Fashion & Lifestyle – one of fastest growing apparel companies in the retail sector in India. Van Heusen, the number one dress shirt brand in America, is India’s top dress shirt brand now. Van Heusen brand, famous for its stylish, high-quality shirts, is now synonymous men’s style.
The Van Heusen brand was born when a Dutch immigrant, John Manning Van Heusen met with Issac Phillips – a well known cloth merchant during that time in NewYork – in 1919. Van Heusen collars were introduced to the public in 1921. The brand became popular when it introduced the patented soft-folding collar.
Van Heusen brand today meet all clothing needs of an individual, whether it is for corporate wear, casual wear, party wear or ceremonial wear. The Van Heusen brand produces clothes suiting to the taste of its target customers, who are mostly professionals and corporate executives. The Van Heusen brand is a symbol of modern men and women who are successful, confident, focused, well-traveled, and have a sense of style about them.
Van Heusen’s Business Objectives
VanHeusen launched this campaign with the following business objectives on its agenda.
- To enhance the brand presence.
- To spread Van Heusen brand’s popularity among all Indian professionals on LinkedIn network.
- To improve brand visibility on social media channels.
Approach / Strategy Adopted By Van Heusen
Van Heusen introduced this campaign to identify the most fashionable professionals from 20 million Indian professionals on LinkedIn.
Van Heusen launched this contest with the following strategies.
- All the members of LinkedIn were asked to nominate 10 most fashionable professionals – both men and women – from their connections on LinkedIn. At first, members of LinkedIn were asked to visit a microsite and click on “Sign in with LinkedIn” option there.
- Members of LinkedIn need to use their LinkedIn user name and password to log in and give permission to the microsite to access the LinkedIn profile.
- After logging in to the system, members need to nominate 10 most fashionable professionals from their LinkedIn network and choose the attributes for the nominee from the given drop down list and then click on ‘Nominate’ option.
- At the end of the contest, a panel of judges set by the Van Heusen team, picked 10 winners – 5 men and 5 women – from all the nominees received and awarded a Van Heusen gift voucher worth Rs. 10,000 to each winners.
Results Achieved By Van Heusen
The brand gained a lot of popularity through this innovative way of campaigning. This contest has improved the brand visibility to a great extend. The brand is exposed to 20 million professional members on LinkedIn via this campaign.
Innovation is the key to success of any social media marketing campaign. This contest is centered to a certain class of people that the brand wanted to focus and that made this campaign so successful and gained popularity among 20 million LinkedIn members. The brand gained a momentum through this campaign because the way the contest was organized – focusing only on professional people who are actually the target users of this brand.
Image Sources: Google Images