Dell is a multinational privately owned American company which is mainly into computer technology and is based in Round Rock,Texas,United States.Dell sells,repairs,develops and supports computers and it’s related products and services.Michael Dell is the founder of the company and the company is named after him.Dell is one of the largest technological corporations in the world and employs around 1,03,300 people worldwide. Dell sells servers,softwares,personal computers,printers,cameras,HD TVs,network switches,MP3 players,etc and almost all the electronics built by other manufacturers.In the Fortune 500 list Dell was listed at number 51.Dell is very famous for its direct sales model that is “build-to-order” and also for its continuous innovations in electronic commerce and supply chain management.In Texas by total revenue it is the sixth largest company.
- The first objective which is the most important objective of Dell is to minimize inventory.They follow the “build-to-order” approach to minimize inventory.
- Better communication with the customers helps in maintaining a good relationship with the customers.
- To identify customer trends following the direct approach.
- To maintain environmental production standards while manufacturing the products.
It is important to nurture your leads to customers and Dell did exactly the same which in turn increased its revenues.There is no need to pitch your product details to the customers and push them to buy your product instead building a relationship and educating them is important.If customers have a good buyer experience they would most probably buy your product as they will have a good impression in their mind regarding your product even before receiving the product.Lead Nurturing is the best way to increase revenues.Dell addresses the feedbacks and concerns of its customers either through their blog posts or newsletter.
The three phases of inbound marketing concentrates mainly on attracting your audience,converting them to leads and nurturing the leads to sales.Dell has been effectively concentrating on all the three phases.When a person fills the form on their website someone from their team responds them back immediately and personally.They follow lead rotation process that helped them increase their revenues.Dell follows a Lead Concierge Program where every single lead will be attended personally.The Concierge Program was implemented in 2011 since then they have seen an increase in their pipeline revenues.So,now we see following the three phases of Inbound Marketing can help in increasing your revenues.Outbound Marketing is declining due to the shift of consumer behavior, the cost included for outbound marketing is huge and consumers are not very attracted to the marketing tactics of the companies.Most of the savvy companies are very well realizing the recent trends and are adjusting their budgets accordingly to concentrate more on inbound marketing.
Some of the most important inbound marketing tactics include content marketing and also social media participation.A very effective content is important to attract the customers and the content is published and shared on various social networking sites like Facebook,Twitter which increases its visibility.Link Building can also help in Inbound Marketing where content can be linked to the company’s blog or website which in turn can help in gaining visibility and reaching out to more number of people.So, for successful Inbound Marketing a strong presence in social networking sites is important. Inbound Marketing is very cost-effective as it is cheap to set us up a website and adding a blog to the website.With the help of social media communication it is easier to build strong and long-term relationships with customers through the delivery of information continuously.Generating brand awareness and generating quality leads is equally important and this is possible through Inbound Marketing.
The Lead Concierge Program helped increase Dell’s revenue in 3 months.The goal was ultimately to make the customers and Sales representatives equally excited to talk to each other which in turn helped supporting the bottom line as even the sales representatives had to make less number of calls as they usually had to do earlier.The Lead Concierge Program helped build a better customer experience.The web presence of their customers were tracked easily which helped in Lead Generation.The Concierge Program was implemented in 2011 since then they have seen an increase in their pipeline revenues.Using Inbound Marketing they could increase their revenues in just 3 months.Dell is also using inbound marketing in other fields as well which has also helped them get more responses.Dell has leveraged mobile technology to get huge responses through marketing emails.To the standard desktop marketing emails Dell has added mobile element and the result is quite visible as it has led to a huge increase in downloads of the App on the day when the mails went out.
- There is no need to pitch your product details to the customers and push them to buy your product instead building a relationship and educating them is important.
- It is very important to address the feedbacks and concerns of the customers quickly.
- Lead Nurturing is the best way to increase revenues.
- A good buyer experience is equally important.
- For successful Inbound Marketing a strong presence in social networking sites is important.
- Link Building can also help in Inbound Marketing where content can be linked to the company’s blog or website.
- A very effective content is important to attract the customers and sharing the content on various social networking sites would help in gaining visibility.
- Time investment for developing a proper content with the best quality is important.
- Inbound Marketing also helps in brand awareness and also in generating quality traffic.
Image Credits: blog.hubspot.com