Do you also want to know what is mobile marketing? Are you also looking forward to using mobile as an advertising platform? If yes, then you have landed on the right page.
“Mobile use is growing faster than all of Google’s internal predictions.”
We all are living in a Mobile-first world. More and more numbers of users are spending larger amounts of time on mobile devices. Mobile Commerce is expanding rapidly and that’s why for marketers; it is very important to keep up with the pace.
57% of users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site.
If you are not incorporating some kind of Mobile Marketing strategy in your marketing campaign then you are already trailing behind.
Therefore, to let marketers learn What is Mobile Marketing and how they can use it to optimize their businesses, we have come up with this 10 Step Guide.
Below given 10 steps will not only explain the Mobile Marketing meaning but will also help you know the best Mobile Marketing Strategies, Practices and Tools. Therefore, without any further ado, let us learn what is Mobile Marketing in 10 simple steps-
10 Steps to Learn What is Mobile Marketing
Table of Contents
- 10 Steps to Learn What is Mobile Marketing
- 1. Know What is Mobile Marketing & How Does it Work
- 2. Why You Need Mobile Marketing
- 3. Know The Types of Mobile Marketing Strategy
- 4. Create Mobile Buyer Persona
- 5. Set Goals & Establish KPIs
- 6. Know Google Mobile Ad Extensions
- 7. Know Best Mobile Marketing Practices
- 8. Have Mobile Friendly Websites
- 9. Know The Right Mobile Marketing Tools Your Business Needs
- 10. Monitor Your Mobile Marketing Metrics
- Final Words
1. Know What is Mobile Marketing & How Does it Work
Mobile Marketing can be understood as the art of marketing your business to connect, convince and convert mobile device users. If done right, benefits of Mobile Marketing include targeting of potential customers who use smartphones with customized, time and location-driven information.
This lets prospects get what they need even if they’re on the go. The expanding capabilities of Smartphones have been the reasons behind the new types of Mobile Marketing Channels such as –
- Location-based service (LBS)
- Augmented Reality
- 2D Barcodes
- GPS messaging
According to ‘What is Mobile Marketing Guides’, campaigns that run via mobiles comprise ads that appear on smartphones/tablets or other mobile devices.
Ad formats, styles and customization can vary as per different websites, businesses, social media platforms, etc. and that is why working of different Mobile Marketing campaigns includes their own unique and tailored features and mobile Ad options.
2. Why You Need Mobile Marketing
Once you know ‘What is Mobile Marketing’, the next thing that you need to pay heed upon is why your business needs a Mobile Marketing strategy.
As per the recent reports, 40% of users’ internet time is spent on their smartphones, which means most of your users are already using mobiles and to target them, you have to incorporate Mobile Marketing Strategy in your marketing campaign. Some other notable statistics about Mobile Marketing for you are-
- 80% of mobile device time is spent on Mobile Applications
- 70% more web pages are browsed on tablets than smartphones
- More than 65% of emails are first opened on a Smartphone
- More than 60% of B2B buyers frequently use mobile for accessing Vendor’s content
- Around 95+ % of adults prefer using smartphones for searching any queries
Mobile Marketing alleviates the audience targeting, plus, it accelerates the optimization of your business by ensuring much wide reach compared to Digital Marketing Campaigns that do not include Mobile Marketing strategy.
3. Know The Types of Mobile Marketing Strategy
After knowing What is Mobile Marketing and why you need it, the next thing that you should know is what types of Mobile Marketing Strategy are the best fit for your business. Below given is the list of different types of Mobile Marketing Strategies-
- App-based marketing
- In-game Mobile Marketing
- QR codes
- Location-based Mobile Marketing
- Mobile Search Ads
- Mobile Image Ads
Knowing the specific types of Mobile Marketing Strategy that is the best fit for your business is must for reaping great benefits of Mobile Marketing.
4. Create Mobile Buyer Persona
To run a successful Mobile Marketing Campaign, understanding your prospect is must, and mobile buyer personas are the most valuable tools to do so. Buyer personas can be understood as fictional representations of different types of customers.
- For creating a buyer persona, you should create a profile that describes the background, goals, job description, objections, sources of information, challenges, content preferences, and role in the buyer’s journey
- This helps you get a clear picture of your target audience, plus, it will update you about their mobile habits as well that will help you customize your Mobile Marketing campaign as per their preferences
- You can monitor Google Analytics for your site’s mobile traffic numbers that will help you create highly accurate Mobile Buyer Persona
- A/B testing can also help you create buyer personas
5. Set Goals & Establish KPIs
The key to defining any effective Mobile Marketing strategy is to first decide what should be the goals of your Mobile Marketing campaign. You can identify goals about Mobile Marketing by asking these questions:
- What are you currently doing for targeting the Mobile Users, as this will help you find out your starting point
- Why did you include Mobile Marketing in your overall marketing strategy
- What do you expect from Mobile Marketing and why you’re considering mobiles now
- Do you have key audiences for mobile marketing
- What are the right channels of Mobile Marketing best suited for your kind of business
The success of a Mobile Marketing campaigns depends upon the measurable KPIs of your Mobile Marketing Strategy. Some of the KPIs of a Mobile Marketing Campaign suggested by ‘What is Mobile Marketing Guide’ are-
- Customer Service
For identifying right KPIs for your Mobile Marketing campaign, you should ask yourself questions like- do you wish to increase conversions via Emails, how can you increase traffic to sales pages, how can you generate more qualified prospects, can your business improve sales if you convert more traffic on any specific page, etc.
6. Know Google Mobile Ad Extensions
Google Mobile Ad Extensions play a significant role in ensuring Mobile Advertising be fruitful. Some of the Mobile Ad extensions that ‘top What is Mobile Marketing Guides’ suggest are-
- Mobile Site Links that help mobile users jump to specific pages of your site without wandering around
- Click-to-Call Mobile Ad Extension puts a “call” button directly beneath the Mobile ad
- Google Offers for Mobile ad extension helps advertisers post a coupon or a discount offer beneath their Mobile ad
- Click-to-Download Ad Extension takes users to the download page
- Local Ad Extensions help you target mobile searches related to local solutions
7. Know Best Mobile Marketing Practices
Knowing about Mobile Marketing practices that easily influence target audiences are must for letting your Mobile Marketing Campaign be Conversion driven. Below given are some important Mobile Marketing practices you should pay heed upon-
- When running a Mobile Marketing Campaign it is inevitable to be Clear and Concise
- You should optimize your Mobile Marketing Campaign for Local Audiences
- Your mobile Ads should influence the type of audience you’re hoping to reach
- Experiment with your Mobile Marketing Strategies and always try to make them relevant
- Test out some ad extensions with your Mobile Advertising Campaigns such as Google Offers ad extension, click-to-call extension, etc.
- You should benchmark your results and using tools like AdWords Grader will help you see how your mobile PPC ads are performing
8. Have Mobile Friendly Websites
Having a mobile-friendly website is inevitable nowadays. Along with great availability of prospects, mobile friendliness of a website is also a ranking factor. Mobile friendliness of your site should be as easy and seamless as possible. Mobile friendliness of sites depends on following factors-
- No need to side-to-side scrolling or zooming for seeing the content
- Instant Content Loading
- Returning of no mobile-specific errors
Mobile friendliness of website influences buying decisions of purchasers. Below given statistics will prove this-
- 60+ % of mobile users abandon a site page if that does not load within 10 seconds
- 40+ % of executives do not make an intended purchase if the site they visited wasn’t mobile-friendly
9. Know The Right Mobile Marketing Tools Your Business Needs
Mobile Marketing Tools help in making mobile-friendly advertisements, creating dashboards accessible from mobile, development of mobile apps, etc.
To run a successful Mobile Marketing Campaign, knowing the right Mobile Marketing Tools developed for specific purposes is a must. Below given is the list of Mobile Marketing Tools for doing specific Mobile Advertising Actions-
1. Mobile Marketing Tools for Social Media Marketing
2. Mobile Marketing Tools for Content Marketing
3. Mobile Marketing Tools for Mobile Site Management
- Google’s Mobile-Friendly Testing Tool
- Google Analytics
- Google’s PageSpeed Tools
4. Mobile Marketing Tools for Advertising
- AdWords Performance Grader
- Mobile Pay
5. Mobile Marketing Tools for Mobile Time Management
10. Monitor Your Mobile Marketing Metrics
Monitoring Mobile Marketing Metrics will help you measure the performance of Mobile Marketing campaigns. This will help you know how mobile actually affects your web traffic.
Different metrics help you find out the queries that may lead mobile traffic to your site or guide you about the pages that you should optimize to make them responsive, etc.
In Google Analytics, you can add the Device Category field to the Site Content dashboard for monitoring the quantity and quality of mobile traffic coming to your site.
The table on the Site Content dashboard includes different metrics such as Pageviews and Bounce Rate. The related metrics will help you see the most-viewed pages on your site.
Two kinds of data that Google Analytics offers to monitor mobile usage of a site are-
1. Mobile Behavior Data that will help you know how well your mobile content engages the readers
2. Mobile Conversion Data will aid you to know the key landing pages that you should optimize for mobile browsing
Mobiles are the most personal marketing channel that exists. People have it in their pocket, put it next to their bed, and check it throughout the day. All this makes Mobile Marketing incredibly important.
Previously mentioned 10 steps to learn what is Mobile Marketing will help you fine-tune your Mobile Marketing efforts.
In case, you wish to master the Mobile Marketing Skills then Mobile Marketing Training can help you understand and experience the opportunity of Mobile App Marketing.
In addition, it can also guide you on how to be successful in promoting Mobile Applications on different App Stores via App Store Optimization (ASO) and other App Promotion principles
On the concluding note, I hope this article would be useful for you in understanding what is Mobile Marketing, benefits of mobile marketing, mobile marketing meaning and how you can use it for optimizing online presence of your business.
Which of the Mobile Marketing Practices do you find most useful- Update me in comments.