If I say that more people in the world own a cell phone than a toothbrush, it may ridiculously surprise you- But it is a fact.
According to an exciting study by Consumer Technology Association, ‘around 3.5 billion people around the world own toothbrushes while 3.7 billion have a phone.
In today’s Digital Era, we are more connected than ever- All credit goes to Smartphones & Social Media Channels.
LinkedIn, being the world’s largest Professional Social Media Network, helps you take your social networking, selling, marketing, and hiring efforts to new heights-
And LinkedIn Marketing tools automate and alleviate those tasks for you, so you can meet and engage with your potential B2B buyers and convert them.
In this post, I will take you through the finer details of 10 of the best LinkedIn Marketing Tools, but before that, let me highlight here the power of LinkedIn via some of the notable statistics-
467+ Million is the number of LinkedIn users
106+ Million is the total number of monthly active LinkedIn users
79% of B2B marketers consider LinkedIn as the most powerful source to generate leads
More than 80% B2B leads come from LinkedIn
95+% of B2B Marketers use LinkedIn for distributing content
40+ Million students and recent graduates are on LinkedIn
Just like Search Engine Optimization with the indulgence of keywords brings any URL to enlist at the top, the same is how the keywords work in LinkedIn.
I think you would have got how powerful LinkedIn Marketing is in generating B2B sales for you, so let us directly delve into 10 LinkedIn Marketing Tools that can help you be a pro-LinkedIn Marketer-
10 LinkedIn Marketing Tools to Pay Heed Upon
|Top 10 Tools||Top 3 Features||Pros||Cons|
|LinkedIn Company Page||Promote brands
Showcase pages to spotlight the brand.
Not user friendly
|LinkedIn Sales Navigator||Lead recommendations
Account and contact import
CRM sync (Salesforce)
|Accessing your generated lead list at any time.
Great relationship-building tools
|SalesLoft Prospector||Personalize your sales strategy
provides data-driven results
|Keep track of your sales prospects
Easy and intuitive
It runs into issues and doesn’t function properly
|Outro||Relationship strength algorithm
Uncover potential clients
|Saves your time
|LinkedIn Talent Solutions||Offers LinkedIn Career Pages
|Enables no. of options
Versatile for all businesses
|LinkedIn Content Marketing||Long-form posts
Easy to use
Difficult to excel
|LinkedIn Ads||Promotional ads
|Reaching wider audience
|No custom reporting
|LinkedIn Mobile Apps||Accessible for both iOS and Android
|Alleviates the process of reaching out||Difficult to connect
|LinkedIn Premium Mobile Apps||LinkedIn Recruiter App
LinkedIn Sales Navigator App
LinkedIn Elevate App
Measuring the impact
|Difficult to connect
|Add functionality||Not user friendly|
1. LinkedIn Company Page
- The very first LinkedIn Marketing Tool is the LinkedIn Company Page itself, as it helps you promote your brand and build connections with your targets, peers, job seekers, companies, etc., in the most ideal way possible
- You can extend your LinkedIn Company Page to LinkedIn Showcase Pages as well, which will help you spotlight a brand, company, business unit, or any other initiative
- Showcase Pages enable marketers and business owners to create a page for specific audience segments with customized messages and information
- Your LinkedIn Company page includes a link to your LinkedIn Showcase Pages and helps you enjoy better branding opportunities in a professional manner
As one of the best LinkedIn Marketing Tools for Businesses, LinkedIn Sales Navigator helps you turn your passive LinkedIn profile into an automated Social Selling Machine.
Different features comprised by LinkedIn Sales Navigator are-
- Lead recommendations
- Account and contact import
- CRM sync (Salesforce)
- Advanced search with Lead Builder that helps you enjoy access to around 400 Million professional profiles
- Account pages
- Social selling index dashboard that helps you measure your performance (to measure your efforts)
- Real-time updates, etc.
3. SalesLoft Prospector
As one of the top LinkedIn Marketing Tools, Salesloft is a prospecting tool that helps you quickly create a list of leads and target LinkedIn account via a simple search
For marketers who prefer so many tools for boosting their sales, this one is the best fit, as it integrates the most important sales tools and helps you automate your B2B sales functioning in perfect harmony
As per the company site, different sales tools that SalesLoft Prospector integrates are-
Outro helps you find out the top target accounts in your LinkedIn network. It is also quite valuable for uncovering qualified leads outside your network
As one of the most preferred LinkedIn Marketing Tools, Outro helps you instantly uncover potential clients.
It does so via two sources:
a. Your network
b. The Outro community
- Outro includes a ‘relationship strength algorithm’ that saves time and instantly finds top matches on LinkedIn.
- Outro offers you integration with CRMs. Plus, it also can export contact data and create reports.
- The ability to quickly expand your network and find qualified prospects makes Outro one of the best LinkedIn Tools for marketing.
- You can make your LinkedIn network for you and quickly generate quality leads.
5. LinkedIn Talent Solutions
LinkedIn Talent Solutions is one of the finest LinkedIn Marketing Tools for business owners, entrepreneurs, and recruiters. It incorporates a robust suite that offers-
LinkedIn Career Pages
- You can enhance your LinkedIn Company Page by using the “Careers” tab that leads your targets to your branded careers page.
- By using Career Page, you can establish yourself as an employer brand.
- On the Career Pages of your company, you can emphasize your Company Culture, Goals, History, and other vital details you want to mention over there.
- LinkedIn Recruiter aids recruiters in viewing and contacting anyone on the LinkedIn network.
- It helps you search for talents via 20+ recruiting-specific filters
- This one helps you save your best candidates from different searches and contact them with personalized messages
As a LinkedIn Marketing Tool, Recruiter lite helps those businesses or recruiters who do not hire frequently.
- This is one of the most economical LinkedIn Marketing Tools for those who lost many jobs over the year.
- It is a reusable job listing Job Slot that lets you use it repeatedly without paying additional fees.
- Job Slots also help recruiters feature their Job Slot Listing on the jobs homepage, Company Page, and Career Page along with “Job you might be interested in” to target passive candidates.
Job Posts are the best Job Listing Options for those recruiters who hire less frequently.
Work With Us Ads
- As LinkedIn Marketing Tools, these ads help you invite your targeted candidates to view your job listings on LinkedIn.
- These ads may outperform your other banner ads
LinkedIn Referrals is one of the best LinkedIn Marketing Tools that enable you to unlock profiles of your employees to find out connections that can best fit a position
6. LinkedIn Content Marketing
As one of the most useful LinkedIn Marketing Tools, LinkedIn Content Marketing helps you publish and share content in two ways-
Long Form Posts
Long posts on LinkedIn are like blogging on LinkedIn, as it lets you publish your posts in articles or blogs and target your connections. It also helps you with heavy lifting when it comes to traffic.
LinkedIn Updates are similar to Facebook Posts, where you can post important statuses, information, links, photos, etc., and you will also be alerted when anyone from your connection likes or comments on the same
7. LinkedIn Ads
LinkedIn Ads incorporate two types of ads, promotional and text, and both of those act as LinkedIn Marketing Tools and enable you to target your audiences via different filters. Let us delve into those Ads-
The functioning of Text Ads is similar to Google PPC Ads in which you need to set a bid and budget for each of your Text Ads.
These Ads are similar to native advertisements that will appear on the home page of your prospects on both computer and mobile phones.
8. LinkedIn Mobile Apps
Along with primary LinkedIn Marketing Tools, LinkedIn also offers some highly useful mobile apps to help you optimize and automate LinkedIn Marketing on Mobile Devices. Let us delve into those Mobile Apps-
The LinkedIn Mobile App
- This one helps you appreciate the fantastic feature sets of LinkedIn on the go.
- It is accessible for both iOS and Android mobile devices, and it helps you stay updated about what’s happening in your LinkedIn network.
- It alleviates the process of reaching out and responding to members of your network whenever appropriate.
LinkedIn Connected App
- This one is a handy tool for staying updated about all the essential updates in your network.
- It tells about work anniversaries and new jobs useful for productive and result-driven interactions.
- This app is only available on iOS devices
LinkedIn Job Search App
- As one of the most useful LinkedIn Marketing Tools for Job Seekers, this one helps you find new jobs that suit your skill sets in the easiest possible way.
- You can use it to know about new openings, plus it also helps you apply for those jobs with one click.
- This app is accessible on both iOS and Android mobile devices.
LinkedIn Pulse App
- This one will be the best fit if you want to stay updated with LinkedIn’s latest stories and articles.
- It is a blogging platform LinkedIn that is available on both iOS and Android devices.
- LinkedIn Pulse app can curate stories you’re interested in by source or person.
- LinkedIn Pulse App constantly evolves to offer personalized services as it learns your preferences and serves you in a tailor-fit manner.
LinkedIn Groups App
- This one lets you view and interact with your LinkedIn groups
- It is available only for iOS mobile devices
- As one of the top LinkedIn Marketing Tools for creating presentations and infographics, this one helps you enjoy access to 18 million infographics and presentations.
- This one is accessible on both ios and Android mobile devices
LinkedIn Lookup App
- LinkedIn Lookup enables you to find and learn about anyone
- This one helps you contact anyone at your company, whether they are connected with you on LinkedIn or not
- Using this is inevitable that your company is signed up to use it. This app is accessible for both iOS and Android mobile devices.
9. LinkedIn Premium Mobile Apps
In addition to the aforestated LinkedIn mobile app, some other LinkedIn Premium Mobile Apps are also highly useful. Those are the best LinkedIn Marketing tools for marketers, recruiters, business owners, and entrepreneurs. So let us delve into those as well-
LinkedIn Recruiter App
- This one is beneficial for recruiters who preferably use the LinkedIn Recruiter tool on the desktop.
- LinkedIn Recruiter app enables recruiting managers to find and respond to talent on the go.
- It helps you search and review profiles and respond quickly to candidates. It also helps you stay organized with different projects on your mobile devices.
- LinkedIn Recruiter App is accessible for both iOS and Android devices.
- This one is instrumental in accessing all the lead discovery and other feature sets of the Sales Navigator tool on the go.
- This app lets you get real-time updates about your leads, their accounts, target markets, and other essential details regarding b2B sales.
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator App is accessible on both iOS and Android devices
LinkedIn Elevate App
- This one helps you build your reputation by sharing creative content in the most convenient way possible.
- You can use LinkedIn Elevate App to share content and then for measure the impact of the same.
- This app is accessible for both iOS and Android devices.
10. LinkedIn Plugins
In case you want to add LinkedIn functionality to your website, LinkedIn Plugins are the best fit for you. These plugins are considered indirect sales tools that help in social selling. A list of some of the critical LinkedIn plugins is-
- Follow Company
- Company Profile
- Member Profile
- Alumni Tool
- Company Insider
- LinkedIn AutoFill
- Jobs and Job Titles
These aforestated 10 LinkedIn Marketing Tools will help you automate, alleviate, and optimize your LinkedIn Marketing.
What should you do now?
By the end of this post, I think you would have understood how to use LinkedIn Marketing Tools to increase sales, optimize social selling, build trust in your marketing team and utilize your network to your benefit.
Now, the next thing you should do is join courses to help you learn LinkedIn Marketing and be LinkedIn Certified.
Joining Social Media Marketing Course will help you learn the best LinkedIn Marketing Practices.
While Certified Digital Marketing Course would help you be a LinkedIn Certified Content Marketer.
What LinkedIn Marketing Tools do you find the best fit for your Marketing Strategies? –Tell me in the comments.
Register For a Free Webinar
Time: 11 AM IST
1. How can LinkedIn be used for marketing?
Posting regularly, joining relevant LinkedIn groups, and engaging with content shared by others in your industry are a few LinkedIn marketing techniques.
2. What are the 3 benefits of using LinkedIn?
3 benefits of LinkedIn are –
- You can tap into its powerful job board.
- You can build your brand.
- It can help rank your name on Google.
3. What are the top 5 types of LinkedIn users?
The five types of LinkedIn users are-
- The Minimalist
- The Careerist
- The Owner/Entrepreneur
- The Contributor
- The Thought Leader
4. What is the best strategy for LinkedIn?
Knowing Your Audience and Studying LinkedIn Influencers & Businesses that Hit the Mark is the best strategy for LinkedIn.
5. What are the unique features of LinkedIn?
Alumni Search, Keywords, Recommendations, and Endorsement Profile Sections are a few unique features of LinkedIn.