Want to learn why digital marketing is important?
With the unfolding of modern technologies and the preponderance of Digital Marketing (DM), businesses are doing all that they can to match up with the pace.
Businesses are either changing their plans of action into digital ones or amplifying existing marketing strategies with digital advertising techniques-
And the first question that may arise here is- Why Digital Marketing is important for your businesses followed by what is the role of Digital Marketing and what are the benefits of Digital Marketing.
I’ll dissect this for you and let us start with some statistical influences of Digital Marketing
Importance of Digital Marketing
- 34% of the businesses already had an integrated digital marketing plan in 2016
- 72% of marketers believe that traditional marketing is no longer sufficient and Digital Marketing will make their company revenue to be increased by 30% by the end of 2017
- More than 80% of businesses will increase their digital marketing spending plan that may go beyond the IT budget.
Why Digital Marketing is important for your business
- You need to incorporate a befitting Digital Marketing Strategy in your business module in an attempt to be an active part of the exceptionally pervasive and equally lucrative online marketplace.
- Since DM is not just a quickly developing power in today’s world of marketing, it is set to be the eventual fate of marketing. One of the benefits of Digital Marketing is that it seems that soon digital marketing will surpass all traditional marketing maneuvers.
- We all are aware that the world is quickly moving from traditional to digital ways of functioning. People are aware of the role of Digital Marketing & prefer to consume digital content, and businesses that have not yet perceived DM in their advertising systems need to habituate ASAP.
Digital modes of communication and marketing are more adaptable, quicker, quantifiable, and result-driven. The benefits of Digital Marketing are applicable to both marketers as well as customers. Let us delve into the reasons why digital marketing is important for your business–
10 Reasons why Digital Marketing is Important
|S. No.||Reasons why Digital Marketing is Important|
|1||Equal opportunity for all kinds of businesses|
|2||More Cost-Effective than Traditional Marketing|
|4||Helps you Generate Better Revenues|
|5||Facilitates Interaction with Targeted Audiences|
|6||Caters to the Mobile Consumer|
|7||Builds Brand Reputation|
|8||Aids you earn the People’s Trust|
|9||Influences prospects to Take Favorable Action via CTA|
|10||Lets you be prepared for the IoT|
1. Importance of Digital Marketing- Equal Opportunity for all kinds of businesses
DM levels the online playing field and offers equal opportunities for all kinds of businesses. It is no more like the old day’s scenario when multinationals and big business houses mostly embraced Digital Marketing. Now, DM really evens the odds, giving little and medium businesses the opportunity to compete against established businesses and draw in their share of traffic.
- Small and medium-scale businesses or startups now have the assets to perform sales and marketing processes that were beforehand accessible to big companies by now knowing the difference between sales and marketing.
- While thinking of the importance of Digital Media Marketing, the most noticeable benefit is its ability to engage with multiple customers without using call center services.
- Even the conversions associated with DM rank higher than other modes of marketing and communications.
2. How important is digital marketing- More Cost-Effective than Traditional Marketing
Small businesses with no assets and capitalization find a superior and financially savvy marketing channel in digital marketing. As per Gartner’s Digital Marketing Spend Report-
“Up to 40% of respondents claimed getting considerable savings by using digital marketing methods of promotion for their products and services.”
- The report further suggests that 28% of businesses studied will move advertising budget allocations from traditional marketing channels and put them into digital marketing channels.
- HubSpot affirms this as appeared in the graph beneath that ensures how digital marketers get better Cost-Per-Lead (CPL) contrasted with other marketing channels-
3. Why Digital Marketing is Important- Delivers Conversion
Businesses measure accomplishment by the rate at approaching traffic that gets converted into leads, supporters, subscribers, deals, or sales. If there occurs no conversion, all your activity would amount to nothing and all your marketing endeavors will essentially go to squander.
That is the reason entrepreneurs are streamlining their digital advertising efforts toward Conversion Rate Optimization, making it their top priority.
- There are a few CRO tools and procedures that you can use for your digital advertising effort to optimize conversion.
- Click here to know the top 25 CRO Tools to optimize the conversion of your business.
- Different digital marketing activities like Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Optimization, email marketing, etc. will also aid you in doing so.
- As observed from the below given HubSpot’s State of Inbound Marketing Report, SEO, SMO, and Email Marketing create fast and viable communications with the target audiences and ensure higher conversion rates-
4. Digital Marketing Importance- Helps you Generate Better Revenues
Along with better conversion rates created by successful digital marketing strategies, DM also ensures great revenues. It conveys heaps of gainful advantages for you and your business appreciates better and higher incomes.
“Google affirms this in an analysis with IPSOS Hong Kong, asserting 2.8 times better revenue growth anticipation for organizations utilizing digital marketing to the individuals who don’t.”
- With better revenue generation, little and medium businesses utilizing digital advertising strategies will have 3.3 times better odds of optimizing their business.
- One of the benefits of Digital Marketing is that it opens the way to better, bigger, and remote targeting markets both locally and abroad.
- Google’s Asia-Pacific Head of SME Kevin O’Kane portrays the Digital Market as rocket fuel for the development of little and medium-scale ventures.
5. Why Digital Marketing is Important for business- Facilitates Interaction with Targeted Audiences
One reason why internet marketing is assuming control over conventional marketing channels is the capacity of Digital advertising methods to cooperate with target audiences and ensure result-driven interactions.
The role of Digital Marketing is to ensure the engagements that your clients hope to get while interacting with your business.
- How you manage such engagements will spell the distinction between business achievement and disappointment.
- Facilitating your clients with legitimate engagement can give you knowledge of what your prospects need.
- This indispensable data will control you towards making the correct arrangement of your next moves, give your clients far superior experiences and grow great associations with them.
- This will let you develop the needed trust-building with your audiences when your business starts to grow.
6. Importance of digital marketing today- Caters to the Mobile Consumer
Without a doubt, with the fast expansion of smartphones, mobile marketing is the most contemporary way of data dispersal that is also today’s basic correspondence channel.
These smartphones have turned into the main part of our life and 85+ percent of grown-ups in India dependably have their mobile devices within their reaching distance.
- Presently would be the best time to have digital advertising efforts planned towards mobile buyers, preparing for them towards accomplishing better development and quicker extension.
- As per an eMarketer report-, “Mobile devices have advanced from being alternative of tablets and PCs, into something that is affecting customers’ buying decisions”.
7. Why Digital Marketing is Important- Builds Brand Reputation
The importance of digital marketing lies in its capacity of pulling in the target audiences, who are in all likelihood to find out about your brand and might be intrigued enough to buy what you bring to the table. Offering what you guaranteed will enable you to build up a superior association with them, which ultimately influences them to progress into paying clients who will backpedal and interface with your site some more– Also in a more sustainable fashion.
- The role of Digital Marketing is that it will be helpful for your brand awareness, as the fulfilled clients will, in all likelihood enlighten other individuals concerning their involvement with your brand and optimize your brand reputation.
- Your online repute will become a web sensation; additionally will open new chances of ensuring further market reach and better business development.
8. Why is Digital Marketing Important- Aids you earn the People’s Trust
Digital Marketing pays more emphasis on web-based social networking signals because of their immediate and more customized collaboration between a business and its target customers.
As per Nielsen Global Online Consumer Survey that included 25 thousand purchasers originating from no less than 50 nations-
“90 percent of respondents claimed they would trust information about a particular brand, product or service if the data comes from people they know.”
- Digital Marketing influences via web-based social media signals, social reviews, and testimonials from genuine customers who had made a purchase with you and got profited.
- The more solid these social signs are, the better the trust rate it can produce from the prospects, the greater part of which can be converted into potential clients.
9. How important is Digital Marketing- Influences prospects to Take Favorable Action via CTA
The role of Digital Marketing is to make utilization of successful techniques that will allure individuals to make a positive move you expect them to take. It lets you use Calls to Action (CTA) that specify what your site visitors should do next. There are innovative ways that you can use to ensure conversions using Calls to Action.
- Calls-to-Action let your visitor know what they can do while visiting your site. They can sign up, download something, subscribe, or purchase.
- DM lets you choose and use particular steps that will lure prospects to make some favorable moves.
- Forms, buttons, and messages are optimized as per the graphics, designs, text, color schemes, etc. of your webpage to produce the best outcomes.
10. Why Digital Marketing is important- Lets you be prepared for the IoT
In this digital age, IoT, or the Internet of Things can be understood as an inevitable biological system of interconnected devices that include tablets, cell phones, smartphones, appliances, PCs, and so on. Such devices can communicate with each other by using the Internet. Digital Marketing will set up your business towards such ubiquitous existence of an interconnected environment that will penetrate through each part of individuals’ lives.
- Survival for your business will also depend upon the ability to adapt to this interconnected matrix.
- Digital marketing lets you be equipped with adept adaptability for IoT that ensures online business survival for you and hence lets you enjoy long-term benefits.
Importance of Digital Marketing for Students & Working Professionals
Digital marketing is one of the most important aspects of marketing today. It is estimated that over 80% of the world’s population uses the internet, making it a powerful tool for businesses to reach their target audiences.
For students and working professionals, learning digital marketing is essential to stay ahead of the curve and be competitive in the job market. Here are some of the reasons why digital marketing is so important for them-
1. Job Safety:
With the ever-changing landscape of the internet, businesses are constantly looking for people who are up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies. By having digital marketing skills, you will be in high demand and can weather any storm.
2. Better Job Opportunities:
As more and more businesses shift their focus online, the need for digital marketers will only continue to grow. By learning digital marketing, you will open yourself up to a world of opportunities.
3. Higher Salaries:
Digital marketers with the right skills and experience can command high salaries. In fact, the average salary for a digital marketing manager in the United States is over $100,000 per year.
4. Improved Job Satisfaction:
Digital marketing is an exciting and ever-changing field. If you are passionate about marketing and love working with technology, then a career in digital marketing will be very rewarding.
5. Helps you stay up-to-date:
The digital marketing landscape is always changing, which means you need to keep your skills up-to-date. By learning digital marketing, you will always be ahead of the curve and will be able to adapt to any changes quickly.
6. Preps You for the Future:
Digital marketing is the future of marketing. By learning digital marketing now, you will be prepared for the future and will be able to take advantage of all the new opportunities that arise.
7. Allows Entrepreneurial Roles:
If you are looking to start your own business, digital marketing is a great skill to have. With digital marketing, you will be able to reach a global audience and create a successful business.
8. Skill Development:
Digital marketing is a complex field that requires a variety of skills. By learning digital marketing, you will develop important skills such as project management, teamwork, and critical thinking.
Now, as we have gone through details of different reasons why digital marketing is important for your business, how about we take a brisk preview of some of the key elements of Digital Marketing that help businesses have optimized online presence-
Key Digital Marketing Elements essential to optimize your Business
|1.||Websites and SEO content|
|3.||Internet banner ads|
|4.||Online video content|
|5.||Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising|
|8.||Social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)|
|9.||Mobile marketing (SMS, MMS, etc.)|
1. Websites and SEO Content:
A website is the foundation of any digital marketing campaign. Without a website, it will be very difficult to reach your target audience. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is also essential to ensure that your website appears at the top of the search engine results pages (SERPs).
A blog is a great way to share your thoughts and ideas with the world. By writing quality blog posts, you can attract a loyal following and build trust with your audience.
3. Internet Banner Ads:
Internet banner ads are a great way to reach a large number of people. However, they can be very expensive, so it is important to choose your target audience carefully.
4. Online Video Content:
Online video content is one of the most popular forms of digital marketing. By creating engaging and informative videos, you can reach a wide audience and build trust with your viewers.
5. Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising:
PPC advertising is a great way to generate leads and sales. However, it can be very expensive, so it is important to choose your target keywords carefully.
6. Email Marketing:
Email marketing is a great way to stay in touch with your customers and build relationships. however, it is important to make sure that your emails are high quality and relevant to your audience.
7. Social Media Marketing (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.):
Social media marketing is a great way to connect with your audience and build relationships. However, it is important to make sure that you are posting quality content that is relevant to your audience.
8. Mobile Marketing (SMS, MMS, etc.):
Mobile marketing is a great way to reach people on the go. However, it is important to make sure that your mobile campaigns are relevant and engaging.
In addition to the over-mentioned Digital Marketing elements, new types of digital marketing techniques like augmented reality, and artificial intelligence are arriving constantly. Let us go through some of the latest digital marketing trends to understand the importance of digital marketing–
|3.||App Store Optimization|
|4.||Big Data Personalization|
|6.||Social Media Marketing|
|7.||Live Video Streaming|
|8.||Site Optimization as per the Wearable Technology|
|9.||Consumer Engagement Strategy|
1. Influencer marketing:
Influencer marketing is a type of social media marketing that involves working with influencers to promote your brand. It helps in building trust and credibility among potential customers.
2. Content marketing:
Content marketing is a type of digital marketing that focuses on creating and distributing quality content to attract and retain customers.
3. App store optimization:
App store optimization is a process of optimizing mobile apps to rank higher in app store search results. It helps in increasing visibility and downloads of the app.
4. Big data personalization:
Big data personalization is a process of using big data to personalize the user experience. It helps in providing relevant and personalized content to users.
5. In-store marketing:
In-store marketing is a type of marketing that is done in physical stores to promote products or services. It helps in driving foot traffic and sales.
6. Social media marketing:
Social media marketing is a type of digital marketing that involves promoting your brand on social media platforms. It helps in building relationships and connecting with potential customers.
7. Live video streaming:
Live video streaming is a type of digital marketing that allows you to stream live video content to your audience. It helps in engaging and interacting with your audience in real-time.
8. Site optimization as per the wearable technology:
Site optimization as per wearable technology is a process of optimizing your website for the new generation of wearable devices. It helps in providing a better user experience to users.
9. Consumer engagement strategy:
The consumer engagement strategy is a process of designing and implementing activities that will engage and retain customers. It helps in improving customer loyalty and brand awareness.
Digital marketing is important because it helps businesses to connect with their target audience and build relationships. It also helps businesses to generate leads and sales. Additionally, digital marketing is cost-effective and efficient.
Digital marketing is constantly evolving, so it is important for businesses to keep up with the latest trends. Some of the latest trends include influencer marketing, content marketing, app store optimization, big data personalization, and in-store marketing.
Both B2B and B2C businesses can effectively use diverse digital marketing mediums- The only thing that they need to pay heed to is knowledge of the latest digital marketing trends that suit their kind of business.
- Digital Marketing practices like the importance of SEO in digital marketing, Paid Advertising, Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Content Marketing, e-Commerce SEO, Automation Marketing, Social Media Marketing, and so forth have turned out to be regular practices of B2B and B2C organizations.
- In any case, one of the primary advantages of conducting your advertising digitally is the straightforwardness with which results can be tracked and monitored in DM.
- As opposed to conducting costly customer research, DM aids you in easily seeing the client reaction rates, and measuring the completion of your marketing goals, and hence empowers you to design your next DM Campaign more accurately.
Digital Marketing is a continuously developing system that asks businesses to keep pace with the quickly changing processes- In 2017; a few digital marketing trends mentioned above will have a capable impact on lead generation, conversions, and ROI.
Apt understanding and adept inclusion of best digital marketing practices and related trends will ensure the growth that your business deserves.
So, this is why Digital Marketing is Important! How important is Digital Marketing for you? Facing problems and wishing to know what would be the right Digital Marketing Strategy for your business? – Write us in the comments.
Also, to get an in-depth understanding of Digital Marketing, join our Certified Digital Marketing Master Course.
Digital Marketing Expert?
1. What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is a type of marketing that involves promoting your brand online. It helps businesses to connect with their target audience and build relationships. Additionally, it helps businesses to generate leads and sales.
2. Why digital marketing is important for small businesses?
Digital marketing plays a vital role in growing small businesses by helping them get potential customers, and increasing sales, revenues, and overall growth.
3. Why is digital marketing important for the future?
The future of digital marketing is promisingly bright and secure as nearly 72% of the overall marketing budget gets put towards digital marketing channels, showing an upward growth trend.
4. What are some of the latest trends in digital marketing?
Some of the latest trends include Artificial intelligence, voice search, short videos, conversational marketing, programmatic advertising, influencer marketing, and more.
5. How can I learn more about digital marketing?
You can learn more about digital marketing by taking a course or attending a workshop. Additionally, there are many online resources that can help you to learn more about digital marketing.
There is no denying it, the world is rapidly shifting from analogue to digital. People are consuming more and more digital content on a daily basis, and companies that have not yet recognized this in their marketing strategies need to adapt fast. Digital Marketing helps encourage engagement through digital media, thus helping you get ahead of your competitors.
Yes digital marketing is very important to a business because it encourage engagement through digital media and get ahead of competitors.
This is true that day by day we can find how rapidly there is a change so digital marketing is enhancing and really it has great future.
Digital Marketing is very important. Especially in this day and age. A lot of people go online 24/7, why not take advantage of it? Thank you for this blog, Garima!
It really is a wonderful write up
Love this post, so many great tips!
Digital marketing is the new marketing revolution which has changed all equations and brought all players at the same level field.
Nicely Wrtitten Garima, Keep It Up.
A very well managed content on Importance of Digital Marketing. Nowadays it’s a must technology for business to gain more traffic and build your brand in the marketing world. I appreciate your research and facts shared in this post.
Nice Post Garima Kakkar!
Digital marketing is essential in today’s world. With both competitors and potential customers constantly online, digital marketing is the only way to stay ahead.
Nice Article Garima Thanks for Sharing with us keep it up..
Nice post ,Thanks for Sharing with us keep it up..
Yes, I agree that Digital Marketing is cost-effective and it is especially beneficial for those who are just starting out their business and want to generate more revenue in less time. Thank you for sharing a useful article about the importance of digital marketing.
Yes digital marketing is most important to a all type of industries because it encourage engagement through digital media and get ahead of competitors.
Nice article, thank you for sharing.
Thanks for sharing this interesting post. Digital marketing has opened up a new era in the marketplace. Digital marketing helps us to promote our business worldwide. We can directly advertise our brand.
Wonderful Article Garima !! Explained with concisely. You shared crucial information. Thank you.. it’s very helpful for those who are new in the digital marketing world.
amazing article on growth of ebusiness through digital marketing, loved it
Nice article, thank you for sharing
Very interesting article to discover aspects of digital marketing. Thanks for sharing with us.
Thanks for sharing informative content regarding
Yes, we can grow our business with the help of digital marketing strategies
Thank you for sharing this post. It is very informative. So much information to take in.
thanks for the review.