Jatin is into freelancing from last over 5 months, prior to that he was having 2+ years of experience hardcore into the field of digital marketing since the profile is totally into digital marketing so it’s of course that digital marketing plays a very important role in both in his life and profile.
Which course of Digital Vidya did you participate in? How did it help you acquire new skills related to digital marketing?
Jatin Jain: I participated in the Certified Digital Marketing Master (CDMM) Course of Digital Vidya, I was fresher at the time when I joined this course so for me it’s like totally new skillsets, although I already knew a lot about this industry since my elder brother Is running his own digital marketing company from last one decade and also a digital marketing mentor to many colleges, its only after joining this course I came to knew about the operations, know how’s and working insights of this industry.
Prior to joining this course, I was having some basic knowledge of how social media marketing works but by the time finishing this I course I have some decent & sound working knowledge of each of the field related to digital marketing or you can say in the course language, modules of digital marketing
Why did you choose Digital Vidya’s course?
Jatin Jain: I joined this course because I wanted to follow in the footsteps of my brother of building my own digital marketing company, Well to be very frank I was a little scared before joining this course because my elder brother at that time suggested and said to me “that go for the free certifications from HubSpot and Google instead of spending such huge amount on the course as this will going to give you the same knowledge and info as those free certifications will”but at the end I want to say it’s totally worth it and I am glad that I have joined DV course
How has the course contributed to your career growth including new job opportunities?
Jatin Jain: As I said earlier as well I have some basic social media marketing knowledge, this course has enabled me in getting a working knowledge of all 6 modules SEM, SEO, SMM, Email, Web Analytics & Inbound I must say this is the biggest boon for me in terms of career growth.
Further, this course has benefitted me maximum in the area of getting new job opportunities I am having 4+ offer letters referred by Digital Vidya’s Placement Cell, and to till date even after 2 years, of course, finished I still receive interview calls and offers from your placement cell kudos to that awesome service
Why do you think it’s important to learn Digital Marketing today?
Jatin Jain: Well to be really honest according to me it’s not really important to learn about what digital marketing is today but instead it is really important to learn and know “Why” Digital Marketing.
I believe, now this industry has reached to a point that everyone knew something and somewhat digital marketing really is and it’s important to learn & figure out how and why for this.
Further learning about digital marketing might vary as per situations like from person to person and industry to industry for e.g. those who want to build a career in this field should know all the technicalities and functionalities of it and those who are running their own business might want to learn this in scaling it up, the objective varies accordingly.
Share about the benefits you can foresee about building a career in the Digital Marketing industry.
Jatin Jain: There is such a huge scope and opportunities out there if you become pro in any of the one modules of digital marketing like I am learning and specializing myself in paid advertising running ads on Google and Facebook,I now have experience handling over 4 lacs a month marketing spend on google ads and generating very good ROI for my client this enables me in grabbing more projects into the same field and building my portfolio on the other hand, one can choose his/her area of expertise according to their interests and build a career accordingly
How do you stay updated on the latest trends in Digital Marketing? Which are the Digital Marketing resources (i.e. blogs/websites/apps) you visit regularly?
Jatin Jain: I follow Backlinko, Moz, Neil Patel, Search Engine Land and HubSpot to stay updated and further also I have been a part of over 50+ communities across 4+ social platforms related to digital marketing only
All these help me to cope up with the latest trends and updates in the digital world
Which are your favourite 3 digital media channels (e.g. Twitter, Google etc) and why?
- Google (Because I want to build my expertise in google ads)
- Facebook (Because it has highest no. of audience & a robust advertising platform)
- LinkedIn (For B2B Lead Generation and networking)
Which are your 3 favourite Digital Marketing Tools?
- Google trend
- Google analytics
Share the names of 3 people you respect when it comes to Digital Marketing.
- Neil Patel
- Brian Dean
- Brian Halligan
What is your advice to newbies who want to build a career in Digital Marketing?
- Learn all modules & have knowledge about all but built your expertise in one domain/niche only
- It is really very important to select one niche otherwise you will become totally lost and end up hating and cursing this industry
What are the challenges a person is likely to face when s/he enters into Digital Marketing industry? How can s/he overcome those?
- Although the demand for this industry people is huge, so does the supply has also become huge nowadays. In order to stand out in the market and grow in this industry, one needs to constantly skill up and never stop learning.
- At the initial stage, I suggest to learn about every aspect (module) of digital marketing and try to get as much experience as you can, slowly and steadily when you feel that yes some traction has started building select one niche and start building expertise in that
- If you are struggling in getting a job due to any reason, try to hunt for some freelancing work but never ever sit idle and waste time, you will end up cursing this industry, if the reason for not getting a job is related to salary package try to lower your expectation and start working as fast as you can
For someone who’s looking at full time or part time job or an internship in Digital Marketing, what approach would you advice?
- I suggest instead of going for an internship one should try to find a full-time job, there are a lot of companies where there is demand for fresher’s are there, I still get a lot of emails from naukri.com for a requirement of digital marketing fresher/executive.
- The best benefit for opting for the job is getting paid for learning and your experience started counting on in your CV from day 1 itself
- In the 1st year of your job try to learn as much as you can and from the 2nd year you can start building your expertise in one niche/domain
Digital media especially Social media channels such as Facebook can eat up a lot of your productive time if not used wisely. Do you agree? What all can one do to efficiently leverage these channels for personal growth?
Jatin Jain: I totally agree, what I have done for myself is that I have personalized my news feed on Facebook and LinkedIn to the updates of the communities of which I am part off so I only see posts and questions related to digital marketing only
If you were given a chance to rebuild your career, what changes you would have made to have even better growth and fulfilment?
Jatin Jain: I would change my education from being a distance one to full-time one
How do you see Digital Media evolving in future?
Jatin Jain: Wherever you will see traffic and audience, you are going to find Ads well.
Would you like to share few words about the work we are doing at Digital Vidya in educating others about Digital Marketing?
Jatin Jain: The way you are upskilling and educating others about digital marketing is really appreciable. The best thing I like about Digital Vidya is its awesome and perfectly built placement cell. You not only learn from Digital Vidya but Digital Vidya also helps you to find ways of earning.
Are you inspired by the opportunity of Digital Marketing? Start your journey by attending our upcoming orientation session on Digital Marketing for Career & Business Growth. It’s online and Free :).