We have been getting many SEO questions on our Ask Digital Vidya forum and that’s why we thought to come up with this post to talk about all of the SEO things. In this post, I have collected the most popular 30 SEO FAQs, and then opened this post for your participation and contribution as well, so you can share your questions in comments, in hopes that it will help you all get better at SEO.
Therefore, without any more delay; let us directly go through below given SEO FAQs with answers-
Answers of Top 30 SEO FAQs
Table of Contents
- Answers of Top 30 SEO FAQs
- 1. What is SEO?
- 2. Differentiate Organic vs. Inorganic SEO results?
- 3. What do you understand with Meta Description?
- 4. Should you optimize your domain name by including keywords?
- 5. How can you know the right number of keywords on a page?
- 6. Differentiate Internal Links and Inbound Links?
- 7. How many internal links should I have in content?
- 8. Do I need to know the coding to do SEO myself?
- 9. What is robots.txt?
- 10. What is the sitemap.xml file?
- 11. What is the difference between indexed and crawling?
- 12. Why do you need alt text on your images?
- 13. How long does it take to see results from SEO?
- 14. Should I hire someone to do my SEO?
- 15. What is the right SEO goal for my campaign?
- 16. I got penalized and could not recover my rankings, why?
- 17. What are the backlinks and why are they important?
- 18. How can I know if my SEO company is boosting my online presence or not?
- 19. How frequently should I publish content on my site?
- 20. Is website loading speed an important factor?
- 21. What are the different activities that Search Engines perform?
- 22. Can ads on the site affect the SEO ranking of my site?
- 23. Will my site is penalized for linking to bad websites?
- 24. If my website has duplicate content then what should I do?
- 25. Does it matter to have keywords in the title and Meta Description?
- 26. Can broken links affect SEO?
- 27. My rankings in Google have decreased, what could be the reasons?
- 28. For my local SEO, is the location of the sites also important?
- 29. Which is more important- On-Page SEO or Off-Page SEO?
- 30. What is the future of SEO?
- Do you also have some other SEO FAQs?
1. What is SEO?
- The full form of SEO is Search Engine Optimization
- It revolves around techniques that can let your website become more visible in organic search results
- When people search for the same kinds of products and services that you offer then SEO lets your site appear on top in search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing
2. Differentiate Organic vs. Inorganic SEO results?
- One of the most common SEO FAQs is the difference between Organic and Inorganic SEO
- Organic SEO optimizes the presence of your site in search engines for free and its work is based on an algorithm
- Inorganic SEO includes practices in which you need to pay a fixed amount for optimizing your site’s presence in SERPs. Paid Ads come under inorganic SEO
3. What do you understand with Meta Description?
- Being one of the hottest SEO topics, Meta description is always going to be one of the most asked SEO FAQs
- It can be understood as the text that appears below your page in a search engine result and it explains what the page is all about
- You should make your meta description compelling enough so it can convince your readers to click, as this will improve your conversion rates
4. Should you optimize your domain name by including keywords?
- This comes under technical SEO FAQs, and it is important for you to be clear about this
- It is advisable to not include a keyword in the primary domain name just for the sake of keyword optimization, as this may hurt your SEO
- In case your company name already has a keyword then it would be good otherwise do not forcefully try to include a keyword in your domain name
5. How can you know the right number of keywords on a page?
- This is a tricky question as there is not an exact number for keywords’ use on a page
- Using keywords too many times can let you face penalization for ‘keyword stuffing
- Therefore, you should use keywords when they can fit naturally into your post and you know it will not seem forceful to your readers
6. Differentiate Internal Links and Inbound Links?
- This question is one of the most misunderstood SEO FAQs as generally students and professionals think both of these are the same
- Internal links are actually links that are on a page of your site and go to another page of your site
- Inbound links are the links that are on a page of other websites and they link to your site content
- Both of these are highly valuable for SEO and that is why most of the SEO FAQs ask about them
- As we should never stuff keywords in content, you should always avoid stuffing too many links in content as well
- Internal links should only be on your page to improve the reader experience
8. Do I need to know the coding to do SEO myself?
- You do not need any kind of coding to build successful SEO campaigns
- Basic HTML coding can be required for some of the advanced SEO tactics, but you can learn that within a few minutes
9. What is robots.txt?
- Again one of the technical SEO FAQs which is commonly asked in SEO Interviews as well
- txt updates search engines about the pages a company wants to be indexed or crawled
- To find this page you can do YOURDOMAIN/robots.txt.
10. What is the sitemap.xml file?
- XML is an index of all the pages on your site
- It offers a quick reference for search engines of all the content that you prefer to get indexed
11. What is the difference between indexed and crawling?
- When search engines go through your site content the process is called crawling
- Once they crawl your site, they will index content that later appears in Search Engines
12. Why do you need alt text on your images?
- Search engines do not have the capability to read images, texts can be easily read by them
- The alt text helps Search Engines figure out what the images are all about
- If you use alt text, people can easily know what the image is all about even in the case when your page does not load
13. How long does it take to see results from SEO?
- Again a very common Seo FAQs that anyone who gets introduced to SEO first thinks of. SEO results depend on some factors like how much content you create, the quality of your content, how your content performs with your readers, your authority, etc.
- If a search engine is crawling your site regularly, you can see results within a couple of days
- Smaller sites take more time as they get crawled less frequently and that is why you should wait at least a week and sometimes closer to a month to see SEO results
14. Should I hire someone to do my SEO?
- Nowadays different freelancers are working in the Digital Marketing field and hiring an SEO expert internally or externally to do your SEO can be helpful
- You need to be very sure that the person actually knows the modern rules of SEO
- Opting for an SEO agency would also be useful for you
15. What is the right SEO goal for my campaign?
- To find out your right SEO goal, you need to understand what general traffic vs. quality traffic means to you
- It is always advisable to set SEO goals based on the entirety of your marketing funnel
- You should always check that people who are finding your site via SEO are actually qualified prospects for your business or not
16. I got penalized and could not recover my rankings, why?
- Again one of the most common SEO FAQs that may occur when you start delving into the SEO landscape
- Most of the Google penalties occur because of bad backlinks
- According to Monitor Backlinks, some other reasons that could be behind the penalization of your site are-
- You haven’t cleaned up all your bad backlinks
- Your disavow report is incomplete
- No algorithm update took place lately. Panda and Penguin penalties require a fresh algorithm update to recover
- Your content is holding you back. If a Google update hit your website, you have to revise your website’s content
- You don’t have enough quality backlinks
- Your website has other unknown problems
- Your reconsideration request was not yet reviewed
- In most of the doubt sessions, I have seen students asking SEO FAQs regarding backlinks and their importance
- There are two types of backlinks available for you- Inbound and Outbound backlinks
- Outbound links start from your site and go to an external site
- Inbound links come from an external site to your site
The second part of this SEO FAQ is why Backlinks Are Important, so let us understand that as well-
- The number of backlinks showcases the popularity or importance of a website
- Having a good number of quality backlinks helps you get more credit from Google and it also displays your relevance
- However, numbers are not important, and you ought to go for quality with backlinks
18. How can I know if my SEO company is boosting my online presence or not?
- Being vigilant and aware of SEO analytics is important to ensure to know that your SEO company is working right or not
- You should ask them to send you the details about the tactics through which they are boosting your online presence, the backlinks they are building, etc.
- You should ask them to send you weekly reports and you should always keep an eye on how organic traffic to your site is performing
- You can use Monitor Backlinks sorts of tools to analyze the new backlinks your website is getting
19. How frequently should I publish content on my site?
- Again it is one of the most common SEO FAQs that does not have a specific answer
- The frequency of content publishing depends on the niche of your website, however, it is important to remember here that the more quality content you will have, there will be higher chances to rank for new keywords
- Covering different topics in your content would help you rank well while covering the same topic frequently may lead to the filtering via Google Panda
20. Is website loading speed an important factor?
- Loading of the site is an important SEO ranking factor and with the prevalence of mobile SEO, it is a must for website owners to have sites that load quickly
- In case your site takes 10+ seconds to load, Google may decrease its rankings.
21. What are the different activities that Search Engines perform?
- Crawling is used to fetch all the web pages linked to a particular website
- Indexing is used to create an index for all the fetched web pages. It also keeps fetched pages into a giant database from where retrieval is also possible
- Processing which is responsible for channelization of a search request by comparing search string in search requests to indexed pages in search engine database
- Calculating Relevancy helps in checking the relevancy of each of the pages
- Retrieving Results that help you find best-matched results
22. Can ads on the site affect the SEO ranking of my site?
- As the market of Ads is constantly booming, this question is amongst common SEO FAQs and its answer is yes
- Via some special algorithms, Google detects pages that have too many ads above the fold
- So if your website offers a bad overall user experience and it also includes excessive ads, Google may push your site to 2nd or 3rd page in SERPs
- If you link to bad websites that are unrelated or have a penalty on them then it is possible to get a penalty
- Google takes your linking as an endorsement and when you endorse bad websites then there are chances that Google will penalize your site
24. If my website has duplicate content then what should I do?
- Having too many duplicate pages may compel Google to take actions against you
- Google estimates around 15-20% of all the content is duplicated and it is Okay with that if you are not doing anything malicious
- Automatically creating content may also decrease your ranking and can compel Google to take actions against you
25. Does it matter to have keywords in the title and Meta Description?
- Yes, having keywords in titles and Meta description matters
- Just like keywords and linking in a page, do not excessively use it
- In case you have very few broken or 404 links, it will not affect your SEO
- But if you have too many 404 links then it may let Google neglect your site
27. My rankings in Google have decreased, what could be the reasons?
- Again a frequently asked question amongst SEO FAQs and below given are some of the reasons that will tell you about the possible reasons-
- Any new algorithm update from Google that could have affected your site
- If your site has lost some good backlinks then this could be the reason behind the decrease in your domain authority and hence the rankings
- Google may have penalized/filtered your site for violating Google’s guidelines and that is why it is advisable to check your Google Webmaster Tools account to check for the errors or messages
- There is also a chance that your competitors have improved their SEO and outranked you
28. For my local SEO, is the location of the sites also important?
- If you do local SEO then the locations of your site are also very important
- If you are doing SEO for a website based in India then having backlinks from Indian websites boosts your rankings
- It does not mean that you cannot even have any links from sites located in other countries but generally, you should have backlinks from sites hosted in the country you are targeting via your SEO
29. Which is more important- On-Page SEO or Off-Page SEO?
- This question is one of the most common On-Page and Off-Page SEO FAQs and the answer is one cannot go without the other
- Both are equally important but you should start with doing on-page SEO for your website and then off-page
30. What is the future of SEO?
- This question has to be the last question of SEO FAQs and the answer is future of SEO is very bright and full of great opportunity
- SEO is never going to die, as this provides the ways to rank websites in search engines and as long as search engines will exist, SEO will continue to grow and glow
Do you also have some other SEO FAQs?
If you have some other SEO FAQs in your mind then share in the comments and we shall answer those.
Your interaction here will make this post the longest and most useful article on SEO FAQs with answers that will help beginners and other SEOers make a bright and rewarding career in the industry.
Joining the SEO Course will also help you master SEO and get the answers to most of the On-Page and Off-Page SEO FAQs.